Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My personal email was associated with the ibm sso and I can't access trello. What I do?

Martin Eskenazi February 12, 2021

I was an IBM employee. The other day I needed to access my personal trello account (gmail domain) that I obviously use when I was an IBM employee, it turns out that for some reason the login of my personal mail (gmail) account was associated with the ibm sso i have no way to login with my personal account as obviously my ibm employee account no longer exists. 

I contacted trello technical support and they tell me there is nothing they can do. I contacted ibm technical support and since I am no longer an employee and my accounts no longer exist there is nothing they can do.

How is it possible that atlassian cannot disassociate an ibm account that no longer exists? With that dissociation I could generate a new password and re-enter with my personal email. 

Anyone come up with a solution? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

I hear where you're coming from, and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but when an account is associated with an Enterprise they will have the final say over what happens with it. In this case, since it had a personal and business email on file, it was considered to be associated with the Enterprise. Since you were in touch with their IT folks, I'd suggest reaching out to them one more time and asking them to get in touch with us if they want to release the account. Since they mentioned the email address no longer exists, there may not be a perfect way to do that, but we'll be glad to discuss options with them if they contact us!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events