Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

My company blocks Trello access

Julie Kay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
Oct 07, 2023

I needed project management software. Over the weekend I familiarised myself with Trello and made a Project Management Board and timeline to share with my boss today.

I now discover that my company’s cybersecurity blocks Trello so I can’t log in or invite people using our company systems.

Is there a work around? It isn’t essential that I have other team members involved, but I would like my boss to be able to view how the project is progressing.

For example, can I save my work as a PDF and email that? It wont be dynamic but at least it is something. Otherwise using Trello wont be an option for me.

2 answers

3 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Oct 07, 2023

Hi @Julie Kay 

I'd probably suggest if your company's cyber security blocks Trello, not using Trello is the best choice.

Whilst Trello is of course very secure - there could be a myriad of reasons your company would prefer you don't use it. Putting company information into a blocked product seems like a risky move to me.

Perhaps either...

• See if your cyber security team would consider unblocking Trello and allowing you to use it, or...
  • See if you have Jira - Jira Software or Jira Work Management might be a good alternative!

Ste

Julie Kay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
Oct 09, 2023

Thanks Stephen. Yes they block the app and in the browser, which I am okay with.

I don’t need Trello for collaboration, but need to find a way to print or PDF the boards on my personal pc and email them to my boss. Trello appears to have an option to print to PDF but this isn’t showing in my drop down menus. I’m on Premium.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Oct 10, 2023

When you go to the board settings (click the three dots in the top right of the board), you should see print options all the way at the bottom. 

image.png

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Oct 09, 2023

@Julie Kay welcome to the community! Do they block the trello app? Or trello in the browser? If it's just the app, i find trello to be PLENTY functional in the browser. In fact, that's where I prefer to use it. 

But if they're blocking it in the browser, then it depends on your company. I know some companies that if you just ask and have a good reason, they'll allow more URLs as long as the site is secure. But I also know some companies don't care how good of a reason you have, they'll never change. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events