Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My board automations (Rules) don't show up for the board admin

Eszter Vass May 8, 2023

Is anyone facing this issue? I am a member on a board and have created some rules for automations related to card creation. I am no longer admin on this workspace though, and the current admin cannot see any rules in the automation menu. How can this be fixed? All automation rules apply to the workspace, I don't understand why the workspace admin wouldn't see them.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hi @Eszter Vass 

Are you still in the workspace?

How the automation libraries work on Trello is they can be shared with the workspace. However, it doesn't matter if you are still on a board that the automations are applied to, if you aren't part of the workspace, they will no longer be shared with other members of the workspace.

Options:

1. Be permanently added to the workspace (doesn't have to be as admin)
  2. If you are billed monthly, temporarily get re-added to the workspace, ensure the automations are shared with the workspace. As the current admin to download them and take ownership of them from there.  Remove yourself
  3. Create a temporary workspace, add the new admin to it.  Copy the board, then share the libraries with the new admin, making sure they download them all
Eszter Vass May 8, 2023

Thanks Mike, I see the option to share with workspace on the board button automation but "rules" have no "shared with workspace option". The result is the board button is visible but non-editable for the admin, while none of the rules are even visible for the admin. I also don't really know what you mean by having the current admin "download" automation libraries, where do you see such an option?

Like Chris Johnson likes this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hi, 

This guide will help with how to create and share libraries better than I can describe:

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/working-with-command-libraries/ 

Simply put, if you're a member of the board but not a member of the workspace, you will first need to be a workspace member to be able to share the automation libraries with the new admin person, how to do that is in the guide linked above.

Eszter Vass May 8, 2023

That's awesome, solved my problem, thank you so much!

Chris Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2024

Mike, I don't know if I have the exact problem but I am the admin. and we just went Premium. I have a board and worksite member named Alberto that just created rules for his board that I CANNOT view. You can see we are both worksite members TR1.png

When I go to his board and click "Rules",  only see this: TR2.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events