Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My activity field is missing for all cards on my board

Holly Hull October 11, 2021

The activity field is missing on every card on one of my boards.  I have to enter notes in the description section instead of activity because there is no field to enter data on activity. Any suggestions?Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

@Holly Hull hmm, im a little confused. You don't enter the data for activity, it's automatically generated based on what you do. From your screenshot, it looks like you ARE seeing the data about activity. Did you mean you aren't seeing comments? If so, make sure you're an admin of the board and have commenting access (ie, you're not set to observer).

If you do mean activity and you were showing that screenshot as an example of what you're hoping to see, on the cards you don't see it, you should see a button that says "show details" like in your screenshot where it says "hide details"

Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 12, 2021

@Holly Hull yep I think you are looking for comments. As @Brittany Joiner says, assuming you are an admin of the board (can tell if you have this small blue chevron on your profile pic at the top of the board)

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 17.13.14.png

Make sure comments are turned on by going... 

Menu (top right of the board) - > More -> Settings -> Commenting Permissions -> and set this to be "Members" (or the other ones except "Disabled")

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 17.09.30.png

If you're not an admin, let the board admin know the above so they can turn them on for you hopefully.

Hope that helps!

Dan

Like Ethan Roberts likes this
Holly Hull October 12, 2021

Thank you!  Yes, my comments were turned off.  I fixed it and it is working now. I didnt even know it was possible to disable. 

Like Dan Ivory likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events