It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

My Trello Board Labels have disappeared. We had a collection of labels under the Menu. All gone

Under the menu, we had a collection of labels. They all disappeared from the menu section and from the cards as well. Looked into the Activity section already but I don’t see if anyone had deleted those accidentally. What might have happened? What can we do to prevent it from happening next time? 

1 answer

@Aman  What I learned very early on this Trello journey is that intra board controls are limited. For example, deleted cards are lost forever and if you need to protect against accidental deletion and ‘recovery’ you need to do something like the video below.
Since there is a board label deletion action, I think the same mechanisms used to protect card deletion and be deployed to handle labels. Need to test this out. 
https://youtu.be/vuu4nJ8ET4Y

If a card is deleted, you would see under the activity that a card has been deleted. But I don’t see anything that says that the labels were deleted. Is there a way to track to deleted the labels? 

@Aman since i have not tested I can only comment based on information provided by Trello. From the table, you can see there is a deleteLabel action. So you need to monitor the board for this action. As for the recovery, I will need to see what data is provided in the json and revised it. It is not difficult to validate it. It is early morning here. I will probably get to it before the day ends. 

https://docs.googlecom/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1opvJZ2yqfWgVr5ol1NXkvhn7Y4RKon2xPhemMbQprwA/htmlview#gid=0

Thanks! I am unable to open the Google Doc. I get a message server IP address cannot be found 

@Aman As I expected, it does trap the deleteLabel from the board panel. Based on the trigger I am using, I am can capture the user and the label ID. I have not looked at a Trello webhook applied to the same board. The difference between the two is that that Trello webhook typically dumps a lot more data than the triggers I am using.

Just like 'recovered' cards, it would a new label even when you set to the same name and colour. The labels on each card uses a id to point to the label definitions on the board. So a lot more work has to be done to use the deleted id to look for all labels with that id, remove it and add the new label (same name & colour but different id)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,168 views 8 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you