Moving from Enterprise Account to Personal - how to move email from SSO to non-SSO login?

pl May 3, 2018

Hello,

I was previously part of a Microsoft Team team that used Trello as a plug-in and after some time signed up for an Enterprise Account. I went through the exercise of migrating my Personal Boards to Enterprise, and as part of that, switched to use SSO for login.

I have now moved team to another that doesn't have Enterprise Account and the admin of the former Team has removed me from the white-list. However, now I am locked out from using Trello with my company email and faced with a Catch-22: Whenever I try to login using my company Email, Trello pushes me to SSO, and that obviously fails since my credentials are not accepted. If I try to register a new account and add my company email to that, I am told "That email is already in use".

Both Trello Support and my IT are pointing at each other. Can someone help with a workaround? I need to use my work email.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

@Pelle LarsenWhat might work is to ask for a password reset email from Trello.  After getting the reset email you might be able to switch from SSO to password based authentication.  Good luck!

pl May 4, 2018

Thank you! I didn't get to try because I found a person at Trello who was open to manually removing the SSO link on my account and that worked.

Sergio Alguacil July 14, 2019

Hello,

asking for a password reset doesn't work, the message is "Cannot reset password for account restricted to single sign-on".

Pelle, may you tell me how did you find the person at Trello? thanks in advance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events