Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Cards on a Board automatically based on due dates

Tapan Singh February 2, 2022

HI,

I am trying to operate a board for managing accounts receivables. Lists being Receivables 7 Days, Receivables 15 Days, Receivables 30 Days, 45 days and 60 days.

My clients are having various payment processing dates. 

Objective: Once the due date is set on a card (maybe 60 days from now), it should automatically move to the top of the list "Receivables 45 days" when 45 days are remaining, then to "Receivables 30 Days", when 30 days are remaining ...so on and so forth.

I have tried many things but nothing seems to work. Can some one guide please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

Hi @Tapan Singh ! Welcome to the community :) definitely doable! What commands have you tried so far? You should be able to achieve this using due date commands. For example:

7 days before a card is due at 12:01 am, move the card to the bottom of list "7 days"

So, let's say it's Feb 3rd 12:01 am and there's a card due on Feb 10th - Trello will pick up on the Feb 10th card and will move it to the "7 days" list. Because I've said "at 12:01 am", that means the trigger will happen at that exact time.

And from there you can duplicate the command for 15 days, 30 days, etc.

You can test it out with some dummy cards and just set the command to trigger a couple of minutes after you have created it.

Tapan Singh February 2, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

Great! This works!

I tried the same rule previously but without the time stamp trigger, may be for that reason it wasn't executing. 

Thanks a Lot!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

@Tapan Singh yay! Glad that's working for you ☺️ I think without the timestamp trigger, the command would execute at the time the due time is set. So if a card's due on Feb 10th 5,pm, the command would trigger on Feb 3rd 5pm.

Tapan Singh February 3, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows Hi!, It didn't seem to be working at all without timestamp trigger. Anyway, maybe I was making some other mistake as well. But now its perfect.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events