Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move card to list based on start date

Alex January 19, 2022

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Trello and here is one problem I encountered, for which I couldn't find a solution anywhere.

We have set up a board with different lists corresponding to each month of the year. Now I'd like to set a rule to automatically move cards to their corresponding month-list, based on the start date of the card.

I found a way to move a card with a start date "this month" to a certain list (ex: January), but it seems to mean that I would have to update the destination list every month, which is not very practical.

Any input is welcome, thank you!^^

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

@Alex 

Try using {cardstartdate~MMMM} to as the listname 

Alex January 19, 2022

Wow, thanks it does work well! I'll have to rename my lists so that it doesn't create duplicates but it does the trick as long as the created card has a start date "this month".
Quick follow-up question, what would be the code to use if the start date trigger is "next month" (because it does happen, especially at the end of one month)?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

@Alex 

By using the variable, it should work for any month. 

Like Alex likes this
Alex January 19, 2022

Will give it a try. Thanks a bunch!

Courtney Terilli October 16, 2023

Hi there! 

I am trying to do the same thing, I think. I have a board with separate lists for each month, as well as a "To Be Sorted" list where cards copy from another board and get sorted into the correct month's list based on start date. 

I would like those card to be automatically sorted into their respective list on the board. I believe this is the same outcome you were looking for in this post @Alex ? I have read the answer from @milynnus over and over again and I cannot figure out how I am supposed to set it up. 

What is an example of the list name you are using? Also, what are the details of the action/trigger? 

Thanks so much for any help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events