Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move card to another board without changing the card ID

Kevin Preston May 23, 2018

I am using a board as a product backlog and a board for completed stories that I move stories from the backlog to once they have been completed. The issue I have is we use the card ID as a critical way to communicate the stories we are discussing. I have just found out that once I move a card to completed the card ID is changed. 

Is there a way to maintain the card ID when it's moved to another board?

Cheers,

Kevin.

2 answers

0 votes
Сергей Морозов July 12, 2021

Hi @Kevin Preston,

Did you resolve this issue?

Cheers, 

Sergei 

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2018

Hi @Kevin Preston,

Issue should not change Key when moving between board, only change after Project change.

Kevin Preston May 23, 2018

Hi, Thanks for your reply, however, I don't follow.

I have two Trello boards one for my product backlog and one for completed cards. The plan is to move the card from my backlog board to the completed boards once they have passed test and in production.

We use a chrome extension that displays the card ID which we use to refer to cards in emails and discussions. 

The problem is, when a card is moved from the backlog board to the completed board the card ID changes to a different number, for example in the backlog board it might be #33 but when it's move to the complete board it changes to #12 with no reference to the original ID

I would like it to keep the same ID when it moves.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events