Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Move card to another board without changing the card ID

I am using a board as a product backlog and a board for completed stories that I move stories from the backlog to once they have been completed. The issue I have is we use the card ID as a critical way to communicate the stories we are discussing. I have just found out that once I move a card to completed the card ID is changed. 

Is there a way to maintain the card ID when it's moved to another board?

Cheers,

Kevin.

2 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan Community Leader May 23, 2018

Hi @Kevin Preston,

Issue should not change Key when moving between board, only change after Project change.

Hi, Thanks for your reply, however, I don't follow.

I have two Trello boards one for my product backlog and one for completed cards. The plan is to move the card from my backlog board to the completed boards once they have passed test and in production.

We use a chrome extension that displays the card ID which we use to refer to cards in emails and discussions. 

The problem is, when a card is moved from the backlog board to the completed board the card ID changes to a different number, for example in the backlog board it might be #33 but when it's move to the complete board it changes to #12 with no reference to the original ID

I would like it to keep the same ID when it moves.

Hi @Kevin Preston,

Did you resolve this issue?

Cheers, 

Sergei 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

108 views 1 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you