Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Move Date in List Name to Custom Field on a Card

We import containers from over seas.  We have a board called Containers and each list is the container number. The list name is the Container number and the ETA to port.  Each card in that list is a customer order that in on that container.  I have a custom date to populate the ETA to port.

Is there a way to use Butler to take the date in the name of the List and populate the custom field date?  We want this for when the ETA to port changes we can update the list title and then all the cards in that list update as well.

1 answer

@Matthew Hoelzl 

Currently, in Butler you cannot set a date using the another date. I don’t think you can do that with a date on a list. My work around would be to have a card with a due date a the top of the list and you can collect all the container cards and link them to that card. That way you have a mechanism to work with both ETA card and the container cards. 

I do have a means to add use the due date if you must to update the cf date if you want. 

I have created two rules for this containers board. First rule will add a card to a new list on the containers board called ETA to Port and the second rule will a link any cards added to the list to the ETA to Port card.  

If I understand correctly, you have a way to set the CF Date on the linked cards if I use the Due Date in the first card.  How is this accomplished? Thanks. 

milynnus Rising Star Apr 13, 2021

@Matthew Hoelzl 

I realised that there typo errors in my post. I corrected it. 

For the matter on using due dates to set a cf date, please go to my profile > website> gig and projects> products>Just a Butler add-on. There is a module under dates that can handle the above. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events