Move Date in List Name to Custom Field on a Card

Matthew Hoelzl March 22, 2021

We import containers from over seas.  We have a board called Containers and each list is the container number. The list name is the Container number and the ETA to port.  Each card in that list is a customer order that in on that container.  I have a custom date to populate the ETA to port.

Is there a way to use Butler to take the date in the name of the List and populate the custom field date?  We want this for when the ETA to port changes we can update the list title and then all the cards in that list update as well.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2021

@Matthew Hoelzl 

Currently, in Butler you cannot set a date using the another date. I don’t think you can do that with a date on a list. My work around would be to have a card with a due date a the top of the list and you can collect all the container cards and link them to that card. That way you have a mechanism to work with both ETA card and the container cards. 

I do have a means to add use the due date if you must to update the cf date if you want. 

Matthew Hoelzl April 13, 2021

I have created two rules for this containers board. First rule will add a card to a new list on the containers board called ETA to Port and the second rule will a link any cards added to the list to the ETA to Port card.  

If I understand correctly, you have a way to set the CF Date on the linked cards if I use the Due Date in the first card.  How is this accomplished? Thanks. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

@Matthew Hoelzl 

I realised that there typo errors in my post. I corrected it. 

For the matter on using due dates to set a cf date, please go to my profile > website> gig and projects> products>Just a Butler add-on. There is a module under dates that can handle the above. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events