Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing board after closing by mistake

Claudio Acardi September 2, 2021

Hi, I need help to recover an important board!
I can't find my board after another admin user closed it.

I got the notifications: 'admin name' has closed the board, and 'admin name' has removed you from the board.

The problem is- we can't find a way to reopen it, because It is not showing in 'closed boards'. I understand that it's because I am no longer a member, in fact the other administrator who closed it cannot see it and is also not a member of the board anymore.

Now, when trying to access a card through an old notification, and I even keep receiving notifications, I get the following screen: Card not found. This card may be on a private board.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Dasha Shakov September 8, 2021

Hey, Claudio!

Sorry to hear you're missing one of your boards and hoping you're able to recover it with Trello's help.

I wanted to suggest adding a Power-Up that will help prevent something like this from happening in the future.

Backups for Trello is an automated backup & recovery Power-Up. With Backups for Trello, your data is automatically backed up outside of Trello. Should something happen – accidental deletion, a malicious attack, or a random disappearance – you can use the Power-Up to bring your board back.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at dasha@rewind.com.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Do you know anyone who is still a member of that board? I imagine if you can get them to go to closed boards, they should be able to re-open it, or add you back to it so that you can re-open it.

Claudio Acardi September 2, 2021

No, unfortunately, no member of my workspace is assigned to any board. Not even the one who closed it.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-09-02 a la(s) 12.42.09.png

I really don't know where my board is.

In fact, it's curious that, when he closed this board, the re-open board / delete permanently options message was not showed. It just redirected to the 'Board not found. This board may be private...' screen.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply @Brittany Joiner.

I appreciate that you can follow up on my case and help solve this big problem.
I've already submitted tickets to Support area: TRELLO-79633 / TRELLO-79660

Like Carolina Velázquez likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Yeah, I'm not sure where it lives now because if it's not tied to anyone, I'm not sure how anyone would be able to recover it. Support might have some ideas for you. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Like Claudio Acardi likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events