Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership Questions

Linda Manaugh June 13, 2023

I’m directing a project that will last for the next 3 1/2 years. We are a very small foundation (2 staff working on the project) and an independent contractor consultant working with us. If she has her own Trello account (standard or premium), can I invite her to be a third member of my board without paying for her? 

If I pay for her to be a member, can she use that membership to have a workspace and create her own private boards for her other clients? 

I’m not finding my answers in the FAQs.

1 answer

0 votes
Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2023

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

Let me clarify the confusion about how an upgrade in Trello works. Basically, a subscription is purchased per Workspace and not a user account. 

It means that if an independent contractor consultant already has a subscription for any of her private Workspaces, you'll still need to purchase an additional seat for her in your Standard or Premium Workspace. The only way to keep an account not billable in your Workspace is to add her to only 1 board within a Workspace. Adding her to 2 or more boards would make her seat billable (read more about multi-board guests). 

Here's the article explaining how billing in Trello works: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard/

I hope this clarifies the matter, but I'd be glad to answer any further questions if they come up!

Alina | The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events