Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I know how to change my time zone with Trello?

Jenna Loh May 17, 2020

I am in Time zone of +8 hours (Spore) how do i change this?

TQ

9 answers

4 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2020

Hi @Jenna Loh @Erik @Helen @Dean Martin Bennett @Bart 

You can visit this link and change the time zone for your account.

CLICK HERE

kayesen November 22, 2020

thank you sir
can this be added to
https://help.trello.com/article/1169-butler-time-zone
because everyone is reaching this page on searching how to change their time zone

thank ou

Like Juan Janse van Rensburg likes this
Juan Janse van Rensburg December 15, 2020

Please do this. I also reached the butler page, and then it took an additional 20 minutes of searching to find where to actually update my account timezone.

Janca February 25, 2021

If it helped you it might be a good idea to upvote Soumyadeep's reply so others can more easily find it ;)

4 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2020

Hi @Jenna Loh ,

Welcome to the community!

Please visit the below link & read & follow the steps carefully. I hope your problem will be solved!

https://help.trello.com/article/1169-butler-time-zone

When you first invite ButlerBot to a board, it doesn't have a way to know which timezone you're located in, so it defaults to interpreting times and dates as U.S. Eastern time.

You can explicitly set a timezone for the commands in the board by entering the following command in the Butler list:

my timezone is TIMEZONE_NAME

where TIMEZONE_NAME is the name for your timezone. Some examples:

my timezone is Pacific
my timezone is Sydney
my timezone is GMT
my timezone is America/Dawson_Creek

As you can see, ButlerBot understands many different ways to specify your timezone:

• A casual timezone name: e.g. pacific, mountain, central, eastern, hawaii,...

• The name of some large cities: e.g. Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, Paris, Tokyo, etc.

• A timezone abbreviation: e.g. PST, GMT, BST, CET, EET,...

• A formal timezone name: see this wikipedia article for a complete list.

You can also specify the timezone as part of the time when entering a command, for example:

every monday at 8am pacific, create a list called "Weekly ToDo"

If you're having trouble figuring out how to use timezones, drop us a comment on this card.

Coby June 13, 2020

Hanscees July 17, 2020

Please, can you add a setting to trello, with a drop down to set the timezone and by default for all boards.

The current situation is really a mess and the solutions are customer unfriendly IMHO.  

I would like a simple setting per team / user to set the time I am working  in. If I want an action to run at 07:00 (and not 19:00, Am and PM is not for Europeans) I shouldn't have to set the timezone every time in some weird technical way.

Like Deleted user likes this
2 votes
Erik November 9, 2020

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal 

The problem is our company have employees in different times zones, Trello is using all the different times zones of each Member?!

So all the cards and due dates are not compatible unfortunately, thus making Trello unusable in our company. 

Any suggestions? Will Trello fix this, and have the ability to set 1 time zone?

TJ Biddle December 1, 2020

@Soumyadeep Mandal Same here

All of my company operations are in EST. I'm in GMT+8, my employees are in GMT+7, and I want everything referenced in EST.

Every other software I use allows this. Trello messes everything up. This can't be that difficult of an add... it's 2020.

Please please please bump this up on the feature list. I'm an ex-software engineer, this should not be a difficult add. Huge win. Easy fix.

Janca February 1, 2021

Hello, especially Eric!

Has this timezone setting solved your issues?

Erik February 1, 2021

Janca no Trello STILL has NO solutions for Team members working around the Globe, to all be using 1 time reference. 

Frankly unbelievable at this point!

Like Rocheal Matthews likes this
Janca February 1, 2021

Hey Erik,

Right, I think you probably have seen the user-specific Trello timezone setting (it's mentioned in the bottommost comment I think by Soumyadeep Mandal as "CLICK HERE")?

If it's news, and your team members can just set the same thing - then maybe this just helped!

---

Otherwise, I am hacking my way towards something else, or more complete somewhere down the line. Just an experimental feature in my currently possibly annoying PC client app. It's very much a client app now, so it's a per installation setting. Might have been a waste of time to put it in, will turn out :)

Whether or not, as I saw your other comment too, you may wish to try out the search feature if you have an API token/'toy account' to play with at hand - it's a very different take.

I hope I'll soon be able to get the app verified by Atlassian (I am 'turning to that path') and will have more certainty at recommending production use.

Rocheal Matthews December 15, 2023

@Erik Do you know of a solution for this yet? 😣

1 vote
Helen November 9, 2020

Does anyone have an answer yet to the Time Zones - I am trying to use the Power Up Calendar but I can't get the time zone to match where I am which makes it totally useless.

Is there a way to sort this?

0 votes
Steve Holzer September 6, 2022

Is there a way Trello Dates/Times can be set to behave like Google Calendar?  Google Calendar adopts the user's timezone whenever displaying any time value.  My time is never displayed as another timezone other than what I am in.  Cna Trello be set to behave this way?

0 votes
Erik November 9, 2020

Still no fix on the Time zones eh Trello??

This is ridiculous!! 

Also note -> your search feature is terrible...hoping you can fix that too!

Until then, our team cannot use or switch to Trello, missing the minimums here....

Mrunal April 27, 2021

Did you find any solution for this? Even I am struggling with the same issue.

Can ButlerBot be of any help?

Like # people like this
Janca June 1, 2021

Hi @Mrunal 

I am wondering about that too

Does this (about 2nd reply from the top) solve your problem? I expect it might.

Please see the "CLICK HERE" link

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Re-May-I-know-how-to-change-my-time-zone-with-Trello/qaq-p/1528224/comment-id/36863#M36863

Janca June 4, 2021

Hi @Mrunal 

If your issue is sorted that's great! If it isn't, I am interested in that ... just please drop a line - thanks! (Also @Erik should the problem still be of relevance, do not hesitate to let me know.)

0 votes
Dean Martin Bennett September 30, 2020

Hi Trello Team, 

I completely agree with the guys requesting a time zone feature - I've just upgraded my account to business so I can use Trello Calendar and google calendar with other powerups and the sync is way off and there's no way to match the time zones... 

Sure this can be fixed? Please let me know if not as I will be cancelling my paid subscription. 

0 votes
Erik September 10, 2020

Hi Trello team, 

Do you have a solution to this Time zone issue yet? Honestly I am bit shocked that there's no solution for this yet, and frankly having dynamic Time zones per user doesn't make any sense. 

The solution sounds simple enough, simply have a Time Zone settings that can be set per Board or per Team. 

Looking forward for an update here. 

Thanks

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

@Jenna Loh Trello just assumes you're in the same timezone as the rest of your system/web browser. Have you tried changing the timezone in your system preferences (ie. windows/macos settings)?

Bart July 28, 2020

Seconding Soumyadeep's request. Working with a large team across several time zones... and it makes implementing some Trello power-ups and features awkward when everyone is on their own time zone, trying to convert due dates in their head, or viewing Calendar from GMT when team is working in EST (example).

Displaying 'Your time' and 'Board Time' might help. As it is, using Trello as a scheduling tool with hourly deadlines is very frustrating.

Team members have other portfolio items which make changing system time zone preferences a non-option.

Erik September 10, 2020

Totally! I posted another comment below, not sure if this deserves its own thread maybe?

Looking forward in hearing from Trello team. 

Rocheal Matthews December 15, 2023

Is this resolved? I'm having some serious issues regarding team members in different time zones and it is affecting due dates with my clients. Please help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events