Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Trello Board????

William Willis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2018

Thoughts?

I want to see a master board with copies of the current cards on a group of lists that are on several different boards themselves. 

Almost like a master copy.  With all up-to-date information.  i.e. If I make a change on master board or individual list, it is update on both boards.

Master Board-

Copy of List 1 (Located on Board A)  Copy of List 2 (Located on Board B) Copy of List 3 (Located on Board C)

is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Qasim July 30, 2019

Hi @William Willis ,

We're offering a great resource for 'Creating a Master Board in Trello' in the form of a webinar / tutorial. It's happening tomorrow, July 31st but the resource will be available as a download anytime afterwards!

How to Create a Master Board in Trello (Webinar / Tutorial): 

http://bit.ly/2OB4oIa

Hope you find this useful!

Best,

Unito

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2018

@William Willis this would be possible to create with Trellinator, it's pretty similar to the use case I provided in my introductory article:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

In that case I create a new board from a template when a card is added to a list, and link the board back to the card.

Rather than having an actual list that reflects the list you have in your other board, you could do something like the above but have a checklist of linked cards on the overview card, for example showing everything in the "Doing" list.

You could click each link to add comments to the card in the project board, then have another automation that would move the card to the "Done" list when checked off on the master card, and another option to mark the item as complete when a card is moved to Done in the project board.

You could have a daily task that would rebuild the checklist to reflect what's in the "Doing" list.

Trello's API is awesome, and Google Apps Script is the ideal platform to create the magic from :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events