cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malware on Trello Card?

Denise Holcomb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2023

My school has been using Trello to track student worker tasks in our library.  We have lost access to Trello because our network has flagged Trello as a possible malware carrier.  Apparently there is a card being shared that carries malware.  Is this true?  When will it be resolved?  We really like using Trello because it is so easy to use.  Thank you for your attention to this.

1 answer

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Denise Holcomb,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

We aren't aware of any malware software being shared with a specific card, but we'd love to take a closer look at the card in question and see if it's true malicious software being shared through Trello and what we can do to solve it. 

That said, please get in touch with us at https://trello.com/contact and send us all the information you have about this card, and we'll be happy to work with you to solve it! 

Michael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2024

@Sal Has any further action been taken on this as I'm surprised after this length of time the answer has not been updated especially as it relates to reports of malware being embedded in your product

I've just recently resigned up into Trello via a browser but when attempting to log in via the android application I got the warning that the application contains malware (I use Avast security suite on my mobile). 

So has Atlassian addressed the issue or simply ignored it for it to still be flagged 3 months later

I had to make a decision to proceed and ignore the warning or not. If the issue has been fixed I would of assumed you would of notified the major security software providers so that it would no longer be flagged.

What's the deal Atlassian - should I stop using your product as whilst normally I do the major work by browser I wish to use the app to check up and make minor changes when away from my desk

A timely response would be appreciated

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events