Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Trello open on startup (Windows 10)

Luke J March 19, 2018

I've downloaded the Trello app through the windows store for my windows 10 desktop.

I'd like to have it begin automatically when I turn on the computer, but nothing is working. I've tried going into the files to get a shortcut of it to place into the startup file, but it isn't there.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

3 answers

5 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

Hi @Luke J

Here is Microsoft's guide to adding applications to the startup:

"press the Windows Logo Key + R, type shell:startup, and then select OK. This opens the Startup folder."

Copying a Trello Shortcut to this directory should do the trick.

Cheers
Nick

Luke J March 19, 2018

As I said above, I've already gotten that far but can't locate a trello shortcut. I've tried a search, and a manual search, and it's like my computer doesn't have one.

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

Hi again Luke

I missed that Trello is an App from the Microsoft Store and not a normal application... Sorry!

Here is what worked for me:

If not already done, pin Trello to the Start Menu.

• Open to the Microsoft Store
  • Open the Trello page
  • Click "Pin to start"

Now create a link in the Startup folder

• Press the Windows Logo Key + R, type shell:startup, and then select OK. This opens the Startup folder.
  • You can drag and drop the tile from Start to the folder, a link to trello will be created.
  • With a restart you will see this will work. :)

Cheers
Nick

Like # people like this
Luke J March 21, 2018

Somehow this only works after someone tells you, it worked this time but it didn't work when I tried it haha

Thank you for the help!

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2018

You are very welcome. Feel free to accept my answer as solution. :)

Regards
Nick

Like Şahin Kasap likes this
Tom Poland September 25, 2018

So this worked but what a fuss. Other apps just have a setting you can check to say start this sucker when I boot up.

Like Melissa-Lee Mitchell likes this
Téo Metz April 29, 2019

Hello, this works but, does anyone know if trello can be opened on startup, but minified ? Basically I just want it to be there so the "show trello" shortcut works when I need it.

Maximilian Pfisterer April 22, 2020

Yes that would be perfect.

bmiller1941 August 11, 2020

I want to simply pin trello to my taskbar.  Can you help?

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2020

Hi @bmiller1941 can you tell me what Windows you are using? 7, 8 or 10?

Cheers
Nick

Simone Vollaro April 21, 2022

I know this is a bit old, but since I haven't found a solution anywhere else, I'll post how I've done this.

Note: I'm working in Windows 11.

The Trello app has the Window Style options in the Preferences (little gear in the top right corner), which allows you to select Tray icon only. This way even if you close the app it remains opened in the system tray.

3 votes
Ldiazabr November 10, 2022

Ok, for those looking for a Windows 11 solution:

- Press the Start Button and then "All Apps" ("Todas las Aplicaciones" in Spanish)

- Look for Trello and this one item you will be able to Drag & Drop.

- Press "Windows + R" and insert "shell:startup". 

- Drag & Drop the Trello item you found on "All Apps" to this folder, and then reboot to check if everything worked accordingly.

trello_drag_drop.png

Windows Store Apps create bizarre directories paths, so I don't know if it will still work after updating, but at least this solved the problem some of us were having not locating the shortcut to put in that folder.

Konstantinos Spanoudakis January 8, 2023

Thanks Ldiazabr.
That finally works!

ValterGD October 27, 2023

Hero 💖

AR
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2023

Thank you bro, that works!

0 votes
Kumaraswamy KS March 31, 2021

Drag and drop of the Trello tile to the starup folder is not working. Not sure how to make it work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events