It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Make a butler button visible on selected lists?

Hi there,
Does anyone know if it's possible to only show a butler button in some lists on a board? Based on which list a card is located different buttons are relevant for us. Without this feature, we'll get way too many irrelevant buttons.

2 answers

0 votes
Katrin Anger Community Leader Mar 26, 2019

@Brian Petersen 

Hi Brian, 

Butler only offers buttons for cards or for boards, no lists.

As a workaround, you could set up board buttons that apply only to these lists and run actions on these lists, like "IN PROGRESS"-button, "DONE"-button, etc. - Could this be an option?

You can also contact me to discuss your workflow. I am certain I could give you some hints how to make things work for you.

@Katrin Anger Thanks for getting back to me. We are going to create a lot of different buttons, so I don't think your work around would be an option.
Do you know if the feature is in the pipeline? I can't be the only one who finds this very useful.

Katrin Anger Community Leader Mar 26, 2019

@Brian Petersen 

I never heard anyone requesting list buttons before, so I can't really say this.

You can certainly set up a feature request for a list button with Butler and let them know why you need it this way and why no workaround applies to how you work.

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Mar 26, 2019

@Brian Petersen If I had this problem I would do the following:

1) use other rules as triggers. For example you might be able to trigger on card move to cover some of the functionality  or use due dates 

2) use labels instead of buttons. Labels don't show up all the time and you can filter them so choosing what label to add in order to trigger an action might be a friendlier interface. You could use labels to trigger some actions and buttons for others

3) combining those 2 ideas you might find that you can obviate the need for some buttons by taking different actions when a card is moved or due based on what labels are present on the card

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,569 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you