Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MacOS app] Cannot copy links (right click disabled)

ComSi_Ronald November 23, 2017

I cannot right click links in the MacOS app and select [copy link address] like I can in my browser.

I often use this to copy the exact URL of a comment (the "a couple seconds ago" link under a comment), which I then paste into a [checklist]. That URL of the comment will automatically be converted to a readable todo-item (first line of the comment will be displayed). But now there is no way to do this, except for loggin in to Trello in a browser just to copy the URL and paste it in the checklist in either the app or browser.

1 answer

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Ronald,

So far, I haven't been able to reproduce this. When I open the desktop app for Mac and secondary click on the comment timestamp, it brings up the options of copying or opening the link as expected.

Could you check in the app store to see if there's any update available for the Trello app? Also, could you let us know what version of the OS is currently running?

ComSi_Ronald November 28, 2017

Hi Caity, thank you for getting back to me.

I'm running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48) with what is I believe the current latest version of Trello 2.10.0 (no update in the App Store).

I created a short little video to illustrate: http://www.videosprout.com/video?id=13b3eb20-91f8-477e-a111-d41e0cd7398b

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Thanks for sending that video. Are you able to secondary click in other parts of the app—for example, to copy text?

If not, would you mind sending the app's logs to us at trello.com/contact? You can export those by clicking on "Help" in the app's menu, and then "Export logs".

ComSi_Ronald November 29, 2017

Haven't been able to test that, I will try that tomorrow when I'm back at work.

Today I tested Trello on my Mac at home and the secondary click does work there. I was under the impression it was a setting or something intentional.

I'll send over the logs tomorrow, would love to have it sorted out! Thank you so far Caity. 

ComSi_Ronald November 29, 2017

Just sent the logs over with a link to this thread.

Caity
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

Thanks Ronald, we'll take it from there!

ComSi_Ronald December 1, 2017

Getting closer with the support team.

After a reinstall I worked again, but after switching off the spellcheck in preferences the secondary click died on me again. After switching spellcheck back on, I can secondary click again...

So if anyone else has the problem, turning on the spellcheck can be a temporary fix. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events