Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all of my Boards

Cindy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 24, 2020

Hi!

Thank you so much for responding to this question.  I've been using Trello for 2+ years.I signed up for atlassian months ago.  I use Trello every day and everything was fine.

Suddenly all of my boards are gone.  I've tried all of the following

Logging in normally

Logging in Using Google

Logging in with id.atlassian.com both with my email and my user name

Logging in with Apple

Disabled all Safari Extensions except for Dayone

Tried Google Chrome

Made sure Cookies aren't being blocked

Nothing works, my boards are all gone.  The app on my iPhone still works.  Thank God.  : )  Just the same I am panicking a little and hoping you can help. 

I spent all weekend freeing up storage... perhaps I changed something in my preferences or accidentally deleted something? 

Please help.  Thanks tons!

Cindy

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

@Cindy if the app is still working on your phone, double check what your username is on your phone. You can no longer login using username through the web/desktop apps, but you can from the mobile apps.

The situation is that Trello thinks your email is something other than what you think it is, and you need to know what Trello thinks your email is so you can login using that email at https://id.atlassian.com/.

The only trouble is that, from the mobile app, you can't tell what Trello thinks your email is. If you have email notifications enabled, from the "empty" account where all your boards *aren't*, invite your correct username to a board. This will generate a notification to your email address and you can then see which email Trello thinks you have, and use that to sign in (probably the best way to do it is with a forgotten password request at https://id.atlassian.com/)

However, if you don't have email notifications enabled, the only way to get Trello to send you an email is to go into your "empty" new account (the one where your boards *aren't* present), invite your correct username to a board, add that member to a card, then use Butler to email all members on the card like this:

2020-08-25 at 9.55 am.png

This means that you can use your new, empty account to trigger an email to the correct email address for your correct username by posting a comment to the card.

Once you know what Trello thinks your email is, you can use that email to do a forgot password request and you'll be able to get access to your account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events