Locking down card fields

Rachel Hale June 24, 2019

Hi I'd like to know whether there is now the ability to lock down the fields/information in a card via permissions or in any other way? I've seen the questions get asked in 2017 but haven't recieved an updated answer on it so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2019

@Rachel Hale do you mean prevent board members from editing details on a card? You can't do that, however you can have a board that's team viewable then add members to the team. They can view the board, but not edit the information on a card. You can allow them to make comments. 

Rachel Hale June 25, 2019

Hi Iain that’s exactly what I meant! In project team boards we can get different members adding different information on whatever format they want into cards so having a feature that helps to lock down the info that goes into a card is extreamly useful in project world.

They still need to have the ability to edit cards as contributing members of a project team as just having the comments functionality available to them means then the PM has to go through each of the comments and convert them into meaningful cards or tasks or checklists which takes away some of the collaboration aspects of Trello.

would be great to know if this ability is being considered as a feature sometime soon!

thanks for your response.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2019

@Rachel Hale if you want to better structure information that people are adding to a card the Custom Fields power up might be a good fit. It doesn't stop people from changing it though.

Like Rachel Hale likes this
Rachel Hale June 27, 2019

Thanks @Iain Dooley ! Much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events