cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Boards

Carey Hedrick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 6, 2024

I currently have free Trello but would upgrade IF it had the ability to lock the details of each board, list and cards where invited members could only checkmark any checkmark boxes on the cards and move the cards to another list like the "Done" List. I don't want things accidently getting changed or deleted on the boards. Does anyone know if this is an option with paid boards?

1 answer

0 votes
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

Hey @Carey Hedrick 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When you invite someone to a board as a member they'll gain access to all cards on the board and be able to edit any of them.

There isn't a way to allow someone to edit only certain parts of a board but, with Trello's Premium plan, you can add someone to your boards as an Observer, this'll give them access to view the cards but they won't be able to make any changes (you can allow Observers to comment on cards though).

Here's a link where you can find out more about Observers in Trello - https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/adding-observers-to-boards/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events