Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking/Syncing from Master Checklist

Kailea Denault
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

I have an ongoing master checklist with all my daily to do tasks. When I create my checklist I use the link from the original card and link it in my master checklist ( We use  A LOT of boards). 

What i am struggling with is bc some of the linked cards are other checklists and the names of the checklists change every week (its a master card for each employee and we add new checklist for that employee every week with a different title) So the card name doesnt change but what I am trying to accomplish is when I click the item off as completed on my master checklist I want it to also check all the items in the linked cards checklist but I am having a lot of difficulties figuring this out with automations. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 answers

0 votes
Josh Goldberg April 30, 2024

@Kailea Denault Depending on your budget, you could set up a workflow to keep all your cards in sync with Unito's Board Sync Power-Up. It's designed for exactly this kind of use case. 

Here's a guide I wrote on how to set up a Trello-Trello workflow. It's quick (relative to other integration solutions) and designed for project managers.

It's a paid app with a 14-day free trial, just FYI!

0 votes
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2024

Hi @Kailea Denault - Thanks for reaching out in the Community. You mentioned that the checklists name changes, are you able to keep the same checklist name but just change the checklist items? If so then you may be able to create a rule similar to this to look up the child card by name, then check off all the items in a specified checklist:

checklist automation.png

Give that a try and let us know how yo go. You can also change the trigger so that it runs when a specific item is checked rather than when an entire checklist is completed. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events