cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link card preview doesn't work

Daniel Zofi May 3, 2022

Hi,

My board has some link cards.

My colleges are able to see previews of these cards, but I can't.

Iv'e checked the FAQ, but nothing there seems to be relevant for me.

My user connected to an Atlassian account and I don't have any Butler rules.

The links refer to images or Google doc.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2022

Hi @Daniel Zofi 👋

Welcome to the Community. Could I just double check if the links you are trying to preview are public or private? 

I only ask as when you link to content that isn't public, you'll need to log in to that service you're linking to before the content can be shown. To authorize access to that content:

1. Paste the URL into the card's title
  2. Click the Connect button
  3. A log-in window will appear - Click Allow to authorize access

Other frequent possibilities of why a link doesn't work can be seen with solutions below...

• Make sure your Trello account is connected to an Atlassian account. To check, log in to Trello and go to https://trello.com/my/profile. If it says "This is an Atlassian account" under Manage your personal information, then it should be working for you. If it doesn't say that, please finish linking your Trello account with your Atlassian account and give it one more try.
  • Ensure there aren't any Butler rules that will treat the Link card as a regular card (for example, 'when a card is added to the board, add the green label to the card').
  • Jira Server and Jira Data Center links will become clickable, but will not show a preview of their content.
  • Not all links will work, so make sure you're using a supported link listed below.

The last time link previews stopped working was due to a glitch, if none of the above fixes the problem then my recommendation would be to raise a ticket directly with Trello support so they can look into the backend for you. To help, you can raise a support ticket here >> https://trello.com/en-GB/contact

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Daniel Zofi May 6, 2022

Hi Laura, thank for your reply.

I am already logged in with an account that should be able to view the doc/pictures.

An hyperlink is presented when entering the URL.

When I click on the hyperlink, it opens the doc/picture without a problem.

As I mentioned, my user is connected to Atlassian account.

I will open a ticket.

Daniel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events