Link Card Not Generating Preview

Apple_82 January 7, 2022

Hi,

My URLs to Azure Dev Ops are not generating previews in link cards. All the links I have inserted thus far are work items.

Any help appreciated - thank you!

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Apple_82 ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! Quick question, are the previous links you've inserted outside of Azure DevOps URLs still working or have all link previews stopped?

The last time link previews stopped working was due to a glitch, my recommendation would be to raise a ticket directly with Trello support so they can look into the backend for you. To help, you can raise a support ticket here >> https://trello.com/en-GB/contact

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Apple_82 January 7, 2022

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your message. Other links are working ok, it appears. It's just the DevOps ones by the looks of it.

Take care,

Kat

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi Kat, another question are the links you're attaching public?

When you link to content that isn't public, you'll need to log in to that service you're linking to before the content can be shown. To authorize access to that content:

1. Paste the URL into the card's title
  2. Click the Connect button
  3. A log-in window will appear - Click Allow to authorize access

In addition, Trello also noted the below points on - I pasted a link, but it doesn't work?

• Make sure your Trello account is connected to an Atlassian account. To check, log in to Trello and go to https://trello.com/my/profile. If it says "This is an Atlassian account" under Manage your personal information, then it should be working for you.
  • If it doesn't say that, please finish linking your Trello account with your Atlassian account and give it one more try.
  • Ensure there aren't any Butler rules that will treat the Link card as a regular card (for example, 'when a card is added to the board, add the green label to the card').
    Jira Server and Jira Data Center links will become clickable, but will not show a preview of their content.
  • Not all links will work, so make sure you're using a supported link listed below.
Like • Apple_82 likes this
Apple_82 January 7, 2022

Hi Laura,

The links aren't public, so I've already connected ADO to Trello. The previews were working initially, but not anymore. ADO links are supported by Trello.

I've also already connected Trello to my Atlassian account and there are no Butler rules on my board yet.

I've tried creating a fresh board and testing the ADO links there too - same problem. It sounds like a support ticket might be needed?

Thank you again!

Kat

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2022

Hi Kat,

Yes, ticking off all of that I'd move straight on to a support ticket. It's likely a small glitch but Trello are great at getting these things sorted.

Glad I could help 😊

Laura

Like • Apple_82 likes this
Apple_82 January 7, 2022

Thanks so much @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ :-)

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2022

No problem at all, have a lovely day Kat 😊

If you'd like to help other Community members in the same boat find the right solution quick and easy you can accept the answer above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events