Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link 2 cards and Move them

David Lafko October 6, 2021

I know how to link two cards together but now that they are linked is there anyway to get them to move from one list or board to another together rather than having to move each card individually? 

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

@David Lafko You could create an API automation such that whenever one card is moved to a new list, any card linked in the attachments is moved to the same list.

Is that really what you want though? Are the cards in the same list to begin with?

David Lafko October 7, 2021

That sounds perfect. So yes i have multiple lists that my cards move along to as people go through the hire/onboarding process. When i link 2 cards together it is because of the way a posting is created that cause another card to be created. 

the cards will always move together on one board but then on another might split apart. 

Could you tell me how to creat this automation. I use a free account.

Thanks

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

@David Lafko well, if you're linking the cards together and moving them at the same time, and the reason they're separated in the first place is because of how they're arriving in the board (presumably from some other service) why not just archive the card when you link it? That way you have one card that has a bunch of linked cards, and you only need to move one.

David Lafko October 8, 2021

Because of our process i need to keep those details on that card and in the event further down the line they need to be unlinked i have all the info on the right card. 

I think your plan of making the API will work just need to know how to do it. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2021

@David Lafko Okay well this BenkoBot listener would do it:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/60f403c427b76eca139bffeae78e38b8

You can preview and install that code in BenkoBot by clicking the link below -- you will need to enter your API details first, you will want to create a "bot" Trello account first and login as that user, the best way todo that is to add an account in Trello's account switcher:

Click here to preview the code before installing

BenkoBot is a "low code" platform but not a "no code" platform, you can read more about it here:

http://www.benkobot.com/

The above code will just move any linked cards to the same list you move a card to, but if you need other functionality or tweaks we can do an intro to our team of vetted developers.

Vuong Ha August 17, 2022

Tôi biết cách liên kết 2 thẻ từ 2 bảng khác nhau, làm thế nào tôi có thể lấy liên kết đó và di chuyển thẻ đó cảm ơn

Tôi muốn lệnh của mình: 
khi mục "Số dư cuối cùng TT" được kiểm tra trong danh sách kiểm tra có tên "Checkout", hãy đọc thẻ được liên kết và chuyển nó sang thẻ "xxx"
0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Hi @David Lafko 👋

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately, although the cards are linked together you will need to move them separately on to the boards/lists you want to see them appear in.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just shout 😃

All the best,

Laura

Vuong Ha August 17, 2022

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

Tôi biết cách liên kết 2 thẻ từ 2 bảng khác nhau, làm thế nào tôi có thể lấy liên kết đó và di chuyển thẻ đó cảm ơn

Tôi muốn lệnh của mình: 
khi mục "Số dư cuối cùng TT" được kiểm tra trong danh sách kiểm tra có tên "Checkout", hãy đọc thẻ được liên kết và chuyển nó sang thẻ "xxx"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events