Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limits for free account

John Agius May 8, 2021

If I'm using just one board, is there a limit to the number of lists or cards in a list? The API seems to say there is a limit, whereas the documentation specifies only a board limit.

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

Hi @John Agius 

Look at this post

https://trello.com/es/pricing

Cheers

John Agius May 8, 2021

I have seen the pricing alread it says unlimited cards. Does not mention lists, and API gives this response:

limits":{"cards":{"openPerList":{"status":"ok","disableAt":5000,"warnAt":4500},"totalPerList":{"status":"ok","disableAt":1000000,"warnAt":900000}}},"subscribed":false},

5000 limit? If not why is it listed in the API?

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2021

There are per-board limits in place to prevent abuse, and to keep boards performant.

As you posted, currently the limit for open cards per list is 5000, and the limit of total cards per list is 1 Million.

If you're approaching those numbers, it's likely you might want to look at https://help.trello.com/article/1089-troubleshooting-a-slow-board

John Agius May 10, 2021

I just want to know if the limit can be relaxed using a premium account. The reason is that:

I use Trello to store purchasing rules for different outlets. I assign each inventory product to a supplier and this rule is used to segregate orders. This means that my board will have 3 lists for each outlet and each lists will have (less than) <20,000 cards.

I would like to have it all on one board. If there is a way to keep the limit from blocking me via premium and have it relatively fast I'm interested.

Summary:

1 board, max 750 lists, max cards per list less than 20,000.

John Agius May 11, 2021
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2021

@John Agius no, these limits can't be relaxed, not even for premium accounts, as they are in place to protect the user experience, and Trello's infrastructure.

Currently you can have 500 open lists per board, with 5000 open cards per board.

If you have a significantly larger dataset, that can't be categorized into multiple boards, maybe Trello is not the ideal tool.
If you can categorize your data across different boards, you can use multi-board table view, to view the cards across multiple boards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events