Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Limits for free account

If I'm using just one board, is there a limit to the number of lists or cards in a list? The API seems to say there is a limit, whereas the documentation specifies only a board limit.

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas Community Leader May 08, 2021

Hi @John Agius 

Look at this post

https://trello.com/es/pricing

Cheers

I have seen the pricing alread it says unlimited cards. Does not mention lists, and API gives this response:

limits":{"cards":{"openPerList":{"status":"ok","disableAt":5000,"warnAt":4500},"totalPerList":{"status":"ok","disableAt":1000000,"warnAt":900000}}},"subscribed":false},

5000 limit? If not why is it listed in the API?

Felix Atlassian Team May 08, 2021

There are per-board limits in place to prevent abuse, and to keep boards performant.

As you posted, currently the limit for open cards per list is 5000, and the limit of total cards per list is 1 Million.

If you're approaching those numbers, it's likely you might want to look at https://help.trello.com/article/1089-troubleshooting-a-slow-board

I just want to know if the limit can be relaxed using a premium account. The reason is that:

I use Trello to store purchasing rules for different outlets. I assign each inventory product to a supplier and this rule is used to segregate orders. This means that my board will have 3 lists for each outlet and each lists will have (less than) <20,000 cards.

I would like to have it all on one board. If there is a way to keep the limit from blocking me via premium and have it relatively fast I'm interested.

Summary:

1 board, max 750 lists, max cards per list less than 20,000.

Felix Atlassian Team May 12, 2021

@John Agius no, these limits can't be relaxed, not even for premium accounts, as they are in place to protect the user experience, and Trello's infrastructure.

Currently you can have 500 open lists per board, with 5000 open cards per board.

If you have a significantly larger dataset, that can't be categorized into multiple boards, maybe Trello is not the ideal tool.
If you can categorize your data across different boards, you can use multi-board table view, to view the cards across multiple boards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

2,023 views 17 45
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you