Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left arrow key not working within cards

Karl Macnaughton March 14, 2019

I can't see anything on here about this, so maybe it's just me but the left arrow key has stopped working within cards. I can navigate around the text using the other three arrow keys but not the left one.

Importantly, this is unique to Trello; the left arrow key works perfectly in all other situations.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Many thanks

7 answers

2 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2019

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the trouble you've all encountered using the left arrow key to navigate in your cards. This is a known issue that we've been able to reproduce. We'll release a fix as soon as it's available!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Brian Azar March 18, 2019

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy or that it was my brand-new keyboard.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2019

Update: a fix has been released for this issue. Please reload your browser if you see this behavior in any open tabs, and things should be all patched up!

Like Brian Azar likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2019

@Daniel Eads do you have any news on the Trello app, there are a few users saying that the fix did not affect the app and they are still experiencing the issue.
Thanks,

Jodi

1 vote
Rohit myMO March 17, 2019

I am facing the same issue since past 5 days

1 vote
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2019

Hi @Karl Macnaughton that is strange - all four arrow keys are working for me. What browser are you using? I am using Chrome. Have you rebooted your computer recently or cleared your cache?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2019

@Rohit myMO can you please confirm what browser you are using and if you have rebooted and cleared your cache?

Thanks,

Jodi

Rohit myMO March 17, 2019

Hello, I am using chrome and I have rebooted and cleared cache

Still the problem persist.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2019

Thanks everyone, I sent a note to the Trello Team to have them investigate. I will let you know when I hear more.

Jodi

0 votes
Robert Costales March 23, 2019

Same issues, on Trello in the Windows Store application.

Specifically, I encounter this issue when I try to use the left arrow to navigate text I am editing for list names.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2019

Hi Robert,

We expect the most recent release of the Trello desktop app in the Windows Store to be patched up. One thing that might help is to try uinstalling and reinstalling the app - instructions for that here. Let me know if you're still seeing issues after trying this out!

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Robert Costales likes this
0 votes
Yann Shukor March 18, 2019

Same issue for me too

Windows 10 64, Chrome

New Trello account

0 votes
coccoinomane March 18, 2019

Same problem here, for me and for my team.
We all use Chrome 73.0.3683.75 so maybe that is the issue.
We do not have Trello-related extensions.
If I clear cache & cookies, it works again for a few minutes, then stops working again.

0 votes
manuel.coiai March 18, 2019

I am facing the same issue on Chrome 73.0.3683.75. I've tested in Firefox 65.0.2 and it works. So it seems like a chrome only issue.

EDIT: I've tested in Chrome Canary 75.0.3737.0 and it works.

I've also inspected the page using the chrome dev tools and in the console I found this error:

Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot read property 'classList' of null pointing to a file of chrome extension, namely the List Layouts for Trello.

Upon disabling the extension everything works fine, so it's surely an extension problem. Now I'm gonna report it to their Github issue tracker

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events