Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label text being selected when trying to drag label

Ludo October 17, 2023

Hello! When I try to drag a label around, instead of moving it, I end up selecting the label text. This doesn't happen if try to drag from one of the corners where there is no text, but my labels tend to have a lot of text, so moving so many labels around is being troublesome.

The browser I'm using is Vivaldi (I think version 6.2.3105.58, the most recent) and never had this problem in all the years I've been using it. Tested this on Chrome and didn't have the same problem, but I would love to find some way to fix this since Vivaldi is where I have all my productivity stuff at.

Thanks for reading!

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2023

@Ludo Investigating Vivaldi some more, I found that you can disable this behavior in their settings. If you search for "allow text selection in links". Turn that feature off and restart the Browser, the issue went away for me :-)

23 16_38_53.png

Raymond Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2023

@Rasmus Wulff Jensen — thank you for looking into this! We reached out to the Vivaldi team, and this is indeed the sanctioned solution. Unfortunately, "Allow Text Selection in Links" is currently the default behavior in Vivaldi, which will break Trello moving forward, as we've recently adopted a new drag-and-drop library for improved performance, accessibility, and functionality. Even though Vivaldi is a Chromium-based browser, this is a custom setting on their end that applies inline styles to disable user interaction on links with an `!important` declaration. We've asked the Vivaldi team to consider changing that default setting.

@Ludo if you continue to use Trello in Vivaldi, give that setting a try. You can navigate to it in Vivaldi's settings via: 

Open Settings → Webpages → ( ) “Allow Text Selection in Links”
Like # people like this
Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2023

Vivaldi users tend to be on then more tech'y side so at least not the worst browser to have this problem in, but if it generate too much noise I guess you could show a splash screen informing of problem and solution, if you detect Vivaldi's user agent

Like # people like this
Ludo October 30, 2023

Thanks for the help everyone! That option fixed my problem completely :) Also sorry for the late reply, I've been AFK this last week 🙇‍♂️

Like Raymond Wang likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2023

Hey @Ludo 

I'll pass this over to our team to get them to check if there's anything we can do for this, but, right now the only browsers Trello is supported on are Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox.

That doesn't mean Trello won't work in other browsers but we wouldn't be able to guarantee you won't run into issues like this, we'd always recommend using one of the browsers listed above or our Desktop app for the best experience in Trello. 🙂

Ludo October 19, 2023

Hello Nathan, thanks a lot for the answer!

I know being on an unsupported browser doesn't help too much, but since Trello has worked fine on Vivaldi for years, I wanted to make sure it was a known problem due to a Trello update or something similar. I'll get in contact with the browser team to check if they know about the problem too!

And also, thanks for telling me about the Desktop app, I didn't know about it. Looks like a great option while I try to find a solution 🙏

Like # people like this
0 votes
Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2023

I like to second this getting fixed if it is on Trello's side (Vivaldi uses Chrome as the backend rendering engine)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events