Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Windows - Trello Desktop Mac

John Epeneter April 9, 2019

Loving the Trello Desktop for Mac (TD4M). I have three windows open for my most used boards as I reference them many times per day.  

Is there a way to switch between those windows?  Most Mac Apps use Command+~ to allow you to do that, but that doesn't work in TD4M. 

2 answers

0 votes
Denise
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2019

Hi John,

Our team has reconfirmed that this is a bug with the current version of the Desktop app and we're looking into getting that fixed shortly.

We don't have an ETA on when a fix for the issue will be pushed, but as soon as one is available we will deploy it.

John Epeneter April 10, 2019

Thanks for digging into the issue. Glad to hear it has been isolated as a bug. Please post back here when the bug is fixed. Thanks again!

Nick Reilingh April 23, 2019

Hi Denise, just bumping this as I am affected by the same issue. Command-backtick is basically my second-most-used keyboard shortcut across macOS.

Like # people like this
John Epeneter April 23, 2019

Command-backtick is basically my second-most-used keyboard shortcut across macOS.

Ditto!

Eva Galanes-Rosenbaum April 23, 2019

Same! This used to work on the Trello app, so I'm eagerly awaiting a fix.

whootang12 April 24, 2019

new trello mac app user that just ran into this problem as well....glad I'm not the only one religiously using this shortcut

Paul Richards July 13, 2019

Adding to the appeals above. I would really like this fixed ASAP.

Nils Bryntesson August 26, 2019

Do we have an ETA yet? I really miss this (basic) function.

whootang12 August 26, 2019

Agree, would love a fix. This makes the app unusable for me, unfortunately 

Nils Bryntesson October 22, 2019

Yet another update today and we can still not switch windows within Trello. This cannot be a hard fix. Pretty pretty pretty pretty please fix this. Literally every other app has this fundamental feature. I can't even figure out what the problem might be, other than ignorance towards the users.

Please fix. Yes? Thanks!

Nick Reilingh October 22, 2019

I dug a little deeper the last time this came up for me, and learned that it’s actually a bug in Electron (the desktop app framework they are using) that affects only builds that are published through the Mac App Store!(?!) So it’s considerably more difficult to solve than the problem behavior may suggest. See also https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18672

Like Nathan Nuclear likes this
Nils Bryntesson October 22, 2019

Well dug! Too bad Trello hasn't mentioned it.

Greg Turner September 12, 2020

I have this issue too. Wondering if there are any Mac users that CMD+` does work for?

The Electron issue above has been closed without a fix, but this issue seems to be current: https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/17287

spencerwilson February 6, 2021

same problem! please fix :(

Koby Ahronson February 21, 2021

Electron issue fixed 2 days ago, can we finally have a fix for Trello window switching?

Like Nick Reilingh likes this
Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Here is the commit that fixes the issue: https://github.com/electron/electron/pull/27701

If I am interpreting their tagging properly, it should be included in all patch releases after Feb 17th in 10.x, 11.x, and 12.x.

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2021

Hi everyone,

It's been quite a while, but the related issue with Electron was indeed fixed (thanks @Nick Reilingh). Our next update for the desktop app should have that fix rolled out with it. 

No ETA on when that update will deploy, but keep an eye out for any Trello desktop app updates in the App Store.

Like # people like this
Nick Reilingh May 31, 2021

Looks like it's fixed in the 2.12.1 update, published 2021-05-26!

Like Garrett likes this
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2019

@John Epeneter someone else posted recently they were having trouble with the same shortcut. I just use trackpad gestures to switch between full screen apps. But it appears that this is a common problem in the desktop for mac app, so maybe email your report to support@trello.com 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events