It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Windows - Trello Desktop Mac

Loving the Trello Desktop for Mac (TD4M). I have three windows open for my most used boards as I reference them many times per day.  

Is there a way to switch between those windows?  Most Mac Apps use Command+~ to allow you to do that, but that doesn't work in TD4M. 

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Apr 09, 2019

@John_Epeneter someone else posted recently they were having trouble with the same shortcut. I just use trackpad gestures to switch between full screen apps. But it appears that this is a common problem in the desktop for mac app, so maybe email your report to support@trello.com 

0 votes

Hi John,

Our team has reconfirmed that this is a bug with the current version of the Desktop app and we're looking into getting that fixed shortly.

We don't have an ETA on when a fix for the issue will be pushed, but as soon as one is available we will deploy it.

Thanks for digging into the issue. Glad to hear it has been isolated as a bug. Please post back here when the bug is fixed. Thanks again!

Hi Denise, just bumping this as I am affected by the same issue. Command-backtick is basically my second-most-used keyboard shortcut across macOS.

Like # people like this

Command-backtick is basically my second-most-used keyboard shortcut across macOS.

Ditto!

Same! This used to work on the Trello app, so I'm eagerly awaiting a fix.

new trello mac app user that just ran into this problem as well....glad I'm not the only one religiously using this shortcut

Adding to the appeals above. I would really like this fixed ASAP.

Do we have an ETA yet? I really miss this (basic) function.

Agree, would love a fix. This makes the app unusable for me, unfortunately 

Yet another update today and we can still not switch windows within Trello. This cannot be a hard fix. Pretty pretty pretty pretty please fix this. Literally every other app has this fundamental feature. I can't even figure out what the problem might be, other than ignorance towards the users.

Please fix. Yes? Thanks!

I dug a little deeper the last time this came up for me, and learned that it’s actually a bug in Electron (the desktop app framework they are using) that affects only builds that are published through the Mac App Store!(?!) So it’s considerably more difficult to solve than the problem behavior may suggest. See also https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18672

Like Nathan Nuclear likes this

Well dug! Too bad Trello hasn't mentioned it.

I have this issue too. Wondering if there are any Mac users that CMD+` does work for?

The Electron issue above has been closed without a fix, but this issue seems to be current: https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/17287

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,506 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you