Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira and Trello Sync?

Melisa August 18, 2021

We use Trello for sales pipeline and are wondering about Jira for Project Management. 

Does anyone else use these two together? Pros/Cons?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

Hi @Melisa ðŸ‘‹

We use Jira for Project Management and also use Trello within the company, is there anything you'd specifically like to know?

Happy to answer any questions you have 😃

All the best,

Laura

Melisa August 18, 2021

Thanks, Laura.

Do you sync them somehow or do you use them in parallel?

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

We do a bit of both... with the Jira Power-up on Trello it enables us to:

• Link Jira issues to cards, connecting different Workspaces across your organisation.
  • View important issue information on the detailed card view.
  • See if your linked issues are done at glance (from the front of the card)
  • Automatically links the Jira issue back to a Trello card so everyone in your team knows how something came to be.
  • Quickly jump to your Jira project by creating a link on your board.
Like • # people like this
Melisa August 18, 2021

Thank you!!

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

Happy to help, feel free to give me a shout if you have any other questions 😄 

Want to help others? By accepting the answer above you make it easier and quicker for other members of the Community to get the answers they are looking for.

Kristi Johnson February 14, 2022

Question for this thread - I recently added the Jira power up to Trello. It doesn't look like it updates the Jira info in the Trello card after you associate the Jira issue in Trello. Have you had any luck getting it to show updated priority, status, etc? For example, I had the card in Trello, added an existing Jira story to the Trello card, and then update the priority in Jira. If I refresh the Trello card, the updated priority doesn't show.

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

What sort of projects/teams would be in Jira? Its main use is for bug tracking/agile software project management, so it would work well if you have technical teams needing a solution to manage their work. You could use it for non-technical projects, but it is a reasonably heavy project management tool, so not all non-technical people find it easy to use.

What's the need to bring in another tool on top of Trello for project management? What features are you looking for? 

Melisa August 18, 2021

We're currently using Mavenlink to manage our work as our projects are complex with many steps involving a large team. We'd like to move all of our business to the Atlassian community as we love Trello and want to sync with it somehow. 

We're looking for everything from tasking, syncing of email, invoicing, analytics, time sheets for employees, understanding if projects are below/above budget... the whole shabang

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

Got it! I've worked with plenty of clients that use both Trello and Jira in their organization. One client I worked with used Trello predominantly for the creative teams, and Jira was for more technical teams. Trello worked well for teams who preferred a more user-friendly/visual tool, and Jira was used more by the devs. There was a lot of cross-department work that happened, so we implemented Unito to keep all the Trello/Jira teams in sync.

Jira worked well for projects that were more complex and had a lot of structure, so they needed quite advanced PM capabilities to plan projects/report/do post-mortems, etc. Jira is great for that - it's super powerful and customizable. However, some people hated using it because it did seem quite intimidating for the end-user, so they gave people the choice of using Jira or Trello to manage their tasks. So even if the main project was in Jira, someone (or even a whole team) could have their board in Trello and whatever updates they made in Trello would be reflected back in Jira so no information was lost. It was a pretty cool system! 

Kayla Barnes April 5, 2023

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows could I talk with you about your experience integrating Jira and Trello and collaborating with an external company?

I'm looking into Unito but am hoping to get any other tips and tricks.

Thank you!

Tasha Turner May 17, 2023

@Kayla Barnes  Did you end up integrating JIRA and Trello with a third party?  It looks like Atlassian is sunsetting the JIRA Power-up in Trello so we may be forced to move to a third party and I was looking at Unito.  Would love to hear about your experience with them if you went that route (or just how you integrated in general)! 

Kayla Barnes June 5, 2023

@Tasha Turner sorry for delay! I dabbled a bit with Unito and it worked really well. My need for using Trello got backburnered but I liked all of my testing.

Like • Tasha Turner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events