JSON Export - Confused about List data

slynch May 17, 2021

Hi, 

I'm testing the export to JSON option to create a Power BI dashboard. I have created a new test board in Trello so I can understand what has been created in the board.

I have created 3 Lists (columns), named

• Leads/Ideas
  • Live Projects,
  • Lost/Closed/Gone Cold

I have created a new card and placed it into the Live Projects column. However, when I do the JSON export, it implies the card is also associated with the other 2 columns. I'm confused why this would be and it prevents me from being able to use filters correctly in Power BI.

Why isn't the card only related to the column/list it is currently in? (particularly if the card has never been in any other column before?)

image.png

image.png

Thoughts and help appreciated!

S

1 answer

0 votes
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi @slynch ,

Nice to meet you!It could work for you exporting in anny other format? With Trello Business Class I think you have the chance.

I do not know what kind of information you need to get in Power BI. Trello in Business Class has also Dashboards which could give you some infomation with graphics about your board.

Moreover if you are focused in something more related with business and Deal Values you can try Crmble Power-Up (It is free) which also have interesting Dashboard from a business /productivity perspective. Also it is possible to export all your data in Spreadsheet and CSV format.

slynch May 19, 2021

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the reply. I cant export in any other format as I am on the free tier. I was hoping someone with more intimate knowledge of how Trello works, could explain why a card would have multiple values of belonging to more than one list, despite the card only ever being in one list (Live Projects). 

Hope I'm explaining this correctly!

Thanks, 

S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events