Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with links on mobile app

Jessica Waters April 7, 2023

All of my links on the Trello mobile app have changed, every one of them shows my link then repeats my link, and after the link says smartcard inline. I never had this issue before.  Everything is fine on the desktop version

2 answers

0 votes
david
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2024

I have the same problem: the links are processed differently in the web/desktop versions and in my iOS app. The iOS app has the most recent version. 

The 4 screenshots (web raw view, web rendered, mobile raw, and mobile rendered, respectively) illustrate how 3 different types of links function:

1. A link added in web and converted to card

2. A link added in web without card conversion

3. A link added in the iOS app. 

As you can see, it is a mess that needs fixing. 

I suggest that to solve the problem, it would make sense to make everything work as in iOS: in the "edit raw" mode the urls are represented just as urls, and in the rendered mode they are converted to a card, if necessary.

The current solution where an url is internally represented by a construction like [url](url "smart-card inline") seems redundant. And anyway, it works inconsistently across devices, which creates pain in the ass for users like me who frequently use the web and mobile apps interchangeably.

web-raw-view.PNGweb-rendered-view.PNGmobile-raw-view.jpgmobile-rendered-view.jpg

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

Hmm, that's definitely odd! If you haven't already, the first thing we'd suggest is to make sure you've updated to the most recent version of the app.

Once that's done, try logging in to your Atlassian account through id.atlassian.com in your OS's default browser (Safari for iOS, Chrome for Android) - the app sometimes uses those defaults behind the scenes even if they aren't your chosen default browser.

Let me know if you see the same behavior in the mobile browser. If not, try opening the app and check whether you see the proper links after the update!

david
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2024

@Cody C. the problem reproduces for me with the latest version of the mobile app. 

I have given more details about the problem, and I hope it will be solved.

Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2024

Thank you for your help clarifying, David. I was able to replicate that behavior on my side as well, and I recognize there is a bit of inconsistency between the handling of URLS between web and mobile at the moment.

The ultimate goal will be to have consistent behavior between those, but at the moment that's not a project that's on our near-term roadmap. 

That said, I can certainly raise this point with our product teams to see if there are any smaller adjustments we might be able to make to improve that behavior in the interim.

Thank you again for the thorough details, and please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can do to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events