Is this a workable backup solution?

Roger Cavanagh May 29, 2019

I've read a number of posts about backing up Trello boards. They often seem to involve more complexity (JSON, GitHub) than I want or am competent to get into.

Is it a reasonable course of action to copy a board, close but not delete it? I assume that nothing in a closed board gets included in searches or shown on the home page. If some corruption occurs then I can always re-open the closed board.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2019

Hi @Roger Cavanagh just to confirm this is a duplicate question but with a different title. 

Roger Cavanagh May 31, 2019

Jodi,

Apologies, the browser hiccoughed the first time I tried to post and I thought it had not gone through. Can this be deleted?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2019

No problem at all @Roger Cavanagh I just wanted to add that comment in case people didn't notice it was posted twice. No need to delete, when individuals read the comment they will know to refer to you other post to respond. Thanks!

0 votes
Valeriia Sitolenko August 4, 2023

Hi @Roger Cavanagh

To make the backup process easier, I suggest using third-party data protection solutions like FluentPro Backup for Trello.

This cloud platform offers automatic backup and restore. The backup operates in the background, constantly saving new versions whenever changes are made. If you ever lose data, you can easily restore it from a previous backup version. 

0 votes
Dasha Shakov May 6, 2021

Hey @Roger Cavanagh! To protect your organization from data loss in Trello (typically caused by human error) you can use the Backups for Trello Power-Up, available in the Power-Up marketplace. 

In the case of a data disaster, you'd be able to use Backups for Trello to swiftly restore your boards back to the way they were when everything worked perfectly.

With the Power-Up, you won't need to use CSV or JSON exports at all. Everything is automatic including backups and the restore process.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events