Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to change the color of the text when creating a comment in Trello?

Scott Hermansen October 1, 2021

I was able to figure out how to get text in a comment to be bold or in italics, but cannot figure out how to change the color of the text. In How To Format Your Text Help it shows that you can use a Hex Color Code, such as #00bfb3, but it does not give you any more help as far as how too use it to change a color of the text. Please help! Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
jfischer October 1, 2021

Coloring your text is unsupported as far as I know.

The Hex Color Code you're referring to, is just to render a small chip of that corresponding color and not used to actually color anything. Using the code tags (bactic) will give you a red monospace font, but that's about it (aside from your bolds and italics to help differenciate.

You can also use the pound signs (#) to create different header levels; those do work in comments as well :)

Luís Eduardo de Almeida
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2021

Hi Scott,

As jrfischer mentioned here, coloring your text it not supported at the moment.

At least not officially.

There's a sort of a workaround you can do while using markdown (like the bold or italics you mentioned). You can inline HTML inside Markdown, i.e: <span style="color:blue">some *blue* text</span>.

jfischer October 1, 2021

@Luís Eduardo de Almeida

This does not work for me in Comments or in the Description. Can you elaborate on how this is supposed to work and confirm it's supported on a Trello card?

Luís Eduardo de Almeida
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2021

Hi @jfischer,

Indeed, it did not work for me either. I did some further investigation and confirmed Trello does not support colored text.

I apologize for the wrong advice above. Lesson learned, past success is no guarantee of future success. Will double check before replying.

Have a great weekend.

Like # people like this
Scott Hermansen October 4, 2021

Thank you for your feedback!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events