Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way we can get trello API Key from insomnia/postman ?

theo September 2, 2021

I tried to make an app that show user trello data. In the documentation the process is simple, just take the api key from www.trello.com/api-key and copy paste the key to your apps.

but with this kind of methods, there is no way I can get the api key for different user.

Is there any way to handle this ?

if possible for mobile use like react-native (I do not know if the client.js from trello docs is compatible with react-native)

thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

@theo 

Unless you are into software development, I would recommend using a Power Up like External Share to selectively share cards with an external part.
Another option is to use Contalist to share a card via email (with custom template) Here you can decide what part of the card you want to share. 
I worked a bit with client.js but not react-native. Decide it works fine on HTML pages. 

theo September 2, 2021

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply.

I will look into Power Up - External Share for this problem.

Read the docs about client.js and unfortunately, it still need the user to input API Key (correct me if I am wrong) manually to get the data.

I am into software development ( still learning to do better ), but the docs and the tutorial only show 1 way to get the API Key which from the www.trello.com/api-key which is a blockade because it's inconvenience for the user to copy and paste it into the apps.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events