Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any way to track whether a card with a due date has been marked as completed in an export?

I have a board with several cards on it. Most have due dates. Some are marked as complete, some are not. I want to count how many are marked as complete without going through the board manually. I've got both an excel and a CSV export, and they both tell me what the due date is, but not whether or not the card is complete. This seems like a pretty strange thing to miss, so I'm wondering if I've missed something.

3 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley Community Leader May 18, 2021

@Owen Passmore You could do this with the new DashCards power up:

https://trello.com/power-ups/6048e897c73d032a983e2a7c/dashcards

Although there isn't an explicit filter for due date completion yet, if you combined it with a Butler command to add the label "Complete" when the due date is marked complete on a card, you could have a DashCard that showed you how many cards were overdue and incomplete versus those which had been completed.

hello @Owen Passmore and @Iain Dooley 

Another way to do it is to store all the complete cards in a specific list, like one called 'Complete'. You can create a Butler rule to move cards to that list when the Due Date field is marked as done, and vice-versa.

Trello doesn't store any date that a card was 'completed', but that too can be stored in a custom field that Butler can also populate when the card moves into the Complete list.

Since the export to CSV contains the name of the list the card is in, you can use that information to know the card is complete, then cross reference the other custom field to know the date it was completed.

Make sure you also have Butler rules to do the opposite when someone moves the card out of the Completed list or un-checks the Due Date field to then clear the custom field that stores the completed date.

0 votes
Felix Atlassian Team May 18, 2021

The CSV board export doesn't include all the card fields - you'll need to use the JSON export (which does) instead.

Are you sure @Felix ?

The CSV files I export out of Trello contain all the fields, including the custom fields.

Felix Atlassian Team May 19, 2021

My CSV exports definitely don't contain the "dueComplete" field for cards. Yes, they do contain custom fields.

Hmmm, yes, dueComplete is exported in the JSON export, but not the CSV. You can even read the value of dueComplete via the REST API to see if it's true or false.

It's a shame it's not exported in the CSV, since it would be a really useful field to have. The only work-around at the moment would be to export the board as JSON, then convert it to CSV afterwards.

Hey @Owen Passmore 

Not too sure which tool you are using to export but as you have an Excel export as well, I'm thinking it might be our Power-Up Board Export for Trello?

Regardless, thanks for flagging this, we don't show completed vs not completed due dates with Board Export currently, but we've added it to our backlog for the near future.

I'll try to remember to post back here once it's live :)

In the meantime, this might help, if you filter (press "f" on your keyboard when looking at your board to open filters) for just the cards that have a due date complete then you could manually count them (not sure if that's reasonable or if you have a massive board!)

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 14.41.01.png

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hey Dan, yes I believe that's what I've got. It'll be possible to count them manually, I just thought there'd be a quicker way. Good luck adding it in.

Like Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

2,117 views 17 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you