Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to automate the renaming of a card to itself without the intro word?

Draw August 25, 2021

If I have a card named "Test 123" and I wanted to automate it being renamed to "123" when it detects the word "Test", how would I do that? The only options I seem to have are {cardname} which is for appending, but I want to detatch something from the title. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2021

See https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

You could do this with a rule like:

when a card with a name starting with "Test {*}" is added to the board, rename the card to "{cardnamewildcard1}"
Draw August 25, 2021

That works perfectly, thank you so much!

Like Felix likes this
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

@Felix 

This convention you are using

{cardnamewildcard1}  

Is it new? Does it mean that if I can used wildcard in subsequent actions / different criteria of the trigger (can’t think of an example} and I am able to use them downstream? 

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2021

Hey @milynnus - the field based wildcard references are not new, but I noticed they weren't documented - I just updated the docs here to include a little info about them: https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021

@Felix 

Thanks. I remember a few times I had wanted to use a wildcard in a second part of a command but realised that Trello would not be able to distinguish which wildcard1 I wanted. This is the answer to that challenge. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events