It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any way to add members to a team WITHOUT using an email address?

I am doing a demo of setting up a Kanban board using Trello.  I can create boards, and associate them with a team (or vice versa).  But...   I can't seem to add members to my teams.  The teams are fictitious as would be the members.  Therefore the members have NO valid email addresses to use.  How can I ADD members to a team without using an email address (...no invites need be sent...this is all for demo purposes).

2 answers

1 vote
marc Community Leader Jun 05, 2018

Some email providers (e.g. gmail) allow you to add extra characters to an email and receiving the email to the same address.  For example in gmail the following would be sent to the same inbox:

• myemail@gmail.com
  • myemail+trelllo1@gmail.com
  • myemail+trello2@gmail.com

This allows you to construct email addresses as you wish and use them inside Trello.

That totally works with @outlook.com email as well.

Hey Kent

You could create some dummy email accounts and confirm their email when creating a dummy trello account

• dummy@gmail.com
  • dummy2@gmiail.com
  • etc

or- there are some "bot" accounts you can add.

• @Butllerbot
  • @trello
  • @cardsync

Thanks Matthew.  I shall give this a try.  I had asked Trello support and their response was basically it's not possible to do what I'm trying to do, i.e., build a demo Kanban with a fictitious cast of players (i.e, its only possible to invite folks to a Trello team unless said invitee has a valid email account AND has a Trello account also.)

But...  Let me give your suggestion a try and I'll let you know what happens.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you