Is there a way to turn off time in the due date?

John Maus May 4, 2023

I only want to use the due date as a follow up reminder for a specific date and do not need a time association. Can that feature be turn off?

1 answer

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2023

Hey @John Maus,

I hope you're doing well today, and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Sadly, you can't turn off the due date feature from your cards or remove specifically the time from your due dates. Still, I'd love to hear more about why you'd like this option and how that would work with your use case. This additional information can help me understand your case, and then I can pass it on to our team for feedback about the due dates. We're always interested to hear our users about things they'd like to see on Trello. 

John Maus May 8, 2023

Salomao, i appreciate you reaching out. I think many see date and time as distinct concepts. For this particular board I am using the cards to keep track of various things to follow-up on. For example if someone owes me a report on May 27th I want to be reminded on that date to check in with them. The time that check-in happens is not relevant, but the date is. If I have an appointment to check in with them at 10:00 a.m. on the 27th that is different, then time would be useful (but only if it linked to my calendar as an appointment). I think separating the due date and due time into distinct elements would be worthwhile. 

Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2023

Hey John, I see what you mean, and it seems a good idea to have the option to opt-out from adding the time in situations where the time isn't needed for you or your colleagues. I'll pass on your feedback to the team about bringing this feature, but to be candid with you and transparent, we may not bring this feature any time soon. Still, we'll consider your feedback and check the possibility of bringing this feature to Trello. 

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your use case and for explaining how this feature would help you when working with Trello. 

Colin Hirst August 23, 2023

For me we do not need time lines as we are not a call centre so the date is all we need. 

Sal
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2023

Hey @Colin Hirst! I completely understand where you're coming from, and I want you to know that your feedback is valuable to us. Rest assured that I will pass it along to the team for their consideration. However, I must also acknowledge that we may not be able to introduce this feature anytime soon. Nevertheless, we'll still take your feedback into account and explore the possibility of bringing it to Trello. Thanks for sharing your feedback! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events