Is there a way to show time spans instead of just due dates in Trello?

I'd like to show start dates and end dates. 

7 answers

Hi Matthew,

I would also like to have this in the calendar view. Is that any plan to release this feature. It's tough to see what's currently being worked on when the card only shows up on it's due date. Ideally it would show the full lifecycle of the card during the time it's being processed. Would love to have the ability to set date ranges on the card dates!

This seems like a rather obvious feature that Trello should think about integrating....

+1 please! esp for calendering - it's an incredibly simple yet imperative feature - look at google calendar? :-S

1 vote

So this toppic is from june 2017 and still it is not possible to show a startdate in a card? This is sooo sad!

0 votes
Matthew N Community Champion Jun 14, 2017

Hey Michele

You can add start and end dates with the Custom Fields Power-Up for Trello: https://blog.trello.com/trello-custom-fields but those won't integrate as dates within your calendar. There's currently not a way to do that, only a due date.

You could intrgrate a gantt chart to track start and end dates: https://blog.trello.com/automate-gantt-chart-project-roadmap-elegantt-trello

Thanks, Matthew! I forgot to respond to your message, but I did immediately check out and install the Custom Fields Power-Upu you suggested. Appreciate it!

I am blown away that we can't get a full time span in the calendar. That is not acceptable for a calendar!!!!! Any thoughts to do this via API's, some custom development work?

0 votes

Plus one for start dates and end dates on the calendar without having to use Elegantt. It's the only thing keeping me from making a switch to Trello

0 votes

I think, that the problem could be solved by using Planway extension.

You can add start date and end date there. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Sep 11, 2018 in Trello

There’s a Power-up for That!

So you’re using Trello at work, at home and to track your new DIY crafts. The family and co-workers are all on board and everything is organized, color coded and has a due date. But still, there’s so...

626 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you