It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to show time spans instead of just due dates in Trello?

I'd like to show start dates and end dates. 

13 answers

Hi Matthew,

I would also like to have this in the calendar view. Is that any plan to release this feature. It's tough to see what's currently being worked on when the card only shows up on it's due date. Ideally it would show the full lifecycle of the card during the time it's being processed. Would love to have the ability to set date ranges on the card dates!

Plus one for start dates and end dates on the calendar without having to use Elegantt. It's the only thing keeping me from making a switch to Trello

This seems like a rather obvious feature that Trello should think about integrating....

+1 please! esp for calendering - it's an incredibly simple yet imperative feature - look at google calendar? :-S

So this toppic is from june 2017 and still it is not possible to show a startdate in a card? This is sooo sad!

1 vote
P T I'm New Here Feb 22, 2019

Does Trello read these boards?  I agree it seems OBVIOUS the cards should have date ranges and the CHECKLISTS should have due dates.

Trello... this is the one thing that is preventing me from being a paid customer.

Abbizzy I'm New Here Apr 12, 2019

These are the two issues that led me to this board.  I have my whole company on board with using trello but we need the ability to attach due dates to check list items and put date ranges on tasks.  So frustrating. 

Like Shanna Daly likes this

Me too, same things that lead me here as well and same things that may lead me away from signing up :(

Hey Michele

You can add start and end dates with the Custom Fields Power-Up for Trello: https://blog.trello.com/trello-custom-fields but those won't integrate as dates within your calendar. There's currently not a way to do that, only a due date.

You could intrgrate a gantt chart to track start and end dates: https://blog.trello.com/automate-gantt-chart-project-roadmap-elegantt-trello

Thanks, Matthew! I forgot to respond to your message, but I did immediately check out and install the Custom Fields Power-Upu you suggested. Appreciate it!

I am blown away that we can't get a full time span in the calendar. That is not acceptable for a calendar!!!!! Any thoughts to do this via API's, some custom development work?

I think, that the problem could be solved by using Planway extension.

You can add start date and end date there. 

It does seem strange that Trello hasn't built this yet. In Sunsama, you can visualize which dates you want to start working on your various Trello cards, but that information isn't visualized as a start date < > end date block in the calendar yet.

This would be a great feature, I'm trying to streamline the use of multiple apps to get similar results and having a start, due date and being able to the span in a calendar would be extremely valuable.

And now it's 2019....  Common Trello....

yes, I waited a long time for this

0 votes

July 2019. Nothing yet. Trello, c'mon...

0 votes
Ryan I'm New Here Jul 21, 2019

I was able to get a calendar blocked out using the Cronofy calendar plug-in instead... They enable two fields, due date and duration, which allow you to block out trello cards by start/end date on a calendar of your choice. Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.11.38 AM.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

1,724 views 17 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you