Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to setup notifications to only "mentions" or "comments"?

Свиридов Георгий February 21, 2019

So, I'm using Trello as a freelancer and I've been added to a number of different boards by my clients. The thing is I receive tons of notifications on my phone about every little thingy the clients do on the boards. And I just don't need to know if someone moved the cards, added comments or something like that. I only need notifications when the clients are actually mentioning me with @. Is there a way to setup notifications like that?

Thanks a ton! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2019

Hi @Свиридов Георгий Great news, you can now start or stop watching cards directly from within the notifications panel. Just click on the "..." icon beneath the read/unread dot on the left.  There, set or remove the checkmark to watch a specific board, list or card.

You can change how often you get notification emails in your  "Account" page. You can also set your notification email preferences by clicking the Notifications button in the header and selecting "Change Notification Email Frequency". Options are "Never", "Periodically", and "Instantly." "Instantly" is the default and any unread notifications in Trello are emailed out as soon as possible.

Here is a great article that provides additional information:

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Свиридов Георгий February 21, 2019

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc

This is really helpful! Thanks a lot! I did not know one could stop watching certain cards. 

Thanks for the help! 

Best regards,
George 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2019

Thanks so much George, I am glad you found this helpful.

Have a great day!

Jodi

Chris Chou September 30, 2019

Hello I'm also using Trello with colleagues and I've been added to a number of different boards by the partner. The thing is that I receive tons of notifications on my mailbox about every little things on the board. And I just don't need to know if someone moved the cards, added comments or something like that. I only need notifications when the the partners are mentionning me with @. Is there a way to setup notifications like that? 

Pls note that I did not manage to find the "..." icon you are talking about above:

Great news, you can now start or stop watching cards directly from within the notifications panel. Just click on the "..." icon beneath the read/unread dot on the left.  There, set or remove the checkmark to watch a specific board, list or card.

Tks a lot

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2019

@Chris Chou as per my comment below, this is what Benko Board does:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

It's main pitch is that it integrates Gmail with Trello so you can send/receive emails from Trello, but in addition to that it unwatches any card you're added to. This has the effect that you will only be notified about about added to a card, mentioned in a comment or removed from a card which, imho, makes notifications far more usable especially in a larger organisation.

When you're added to a card, it will by default create a linked copy of that card in your Benko Board, and do the same for when you're mentioned in a comment, which creates a better cards/notifications view.

It's pretty configurable, so if all you wanted to do was leave the email functionality disabled so it wouldn't import anything, AND not have it create linked copies in your Benko Board you could do that too. The effect there would be that you would automatically unwatch any card you're added to, but would still deal with notifications in the notification drawer in Trello, and still go to the native cards view to see what you're added to.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2019

@Свиридов Георгий I created an integration for Trello called Benko Board:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

In addition to allowing you to use Trello as a Gmail client, it also unsubscribes you from every card you're added to (ie. automatically "unwatches" every card when you're added to it as a member).

This means you only get notified about being added, mentioned and removed, and all cards you're added to or mentioned in get a linked copy in a central board so you can see them and prioritise them in one place.

This dramatically reduces the total number of notifications you receive, making them way more useful. It does mean that you need to tell your clients you won't see their comments unless they mention you though (which I've never had a problem with :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events