Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to set "start dates" for trello cards and view them in chronological order?

Dan Yu April 23, 2018

Is there a way to set "start dates" (aside from due dates) and can view them on a single screen (cards coming from different boards. I set up many boards for different projects and while I do find many features helpful, I would like to set start dates for the members and they can view them all in one screen, the chronological order of the start date. 

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2018

Hi Dan

Trello's calendar only supports a due date and one board calendar, however you can use the Planyway Power Up.  With the Planyway Calendar, you can set a start/end date, and you can even bring in each of your other board's calendar and do the same there.  Then you'll be able to view all of the dates from the Planyway Calendar.

Dan Yu May 3, 2018

Thanks! I just looked into and it's certainly is a solution. My only issue is though that it takes too much time to set that up. I have to first set up the card, then go to the plan away calendar and set up the start and due date. This isn't a deal breaker but I do see it as a nuisance. 

Like Rosemary Ainley likes this
Rosemary Ainley January 3, 2019

Hi,
I've been using Trello for a few years and recently added the BigPicture powerup to create Gantt charts for my projects. I have tried Planaway, but found it a bit limiting to use. I like BigPicture much better but would really like to have a start date feature on the individual Trello cards as it is already very annoying to have to switch back and forward between BigPicture view and the Trello card view to make each change.

Is there any change this feature will be added soon? Thanks.

Like # people like this
Le Duc February 11, 2021
D.S Anderson September 22, 2021

Le Duc's post about the Gantt-chart tool looks promising. Has anyone actually tried it that can give some feedback on it? I would appreciate any feedback offered.

D.S Anderson September 22, 2021

Rosemary Ainley did you ever find a way of changing the start date on the cards? I also find it bothersome to have to adjust each one manually in the Big Picture gantt chart. I'd be super appreciative if you shared with me any answer you might have uncovered.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events