Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to select multiple attachments to delete at once in Trello?

Tisha White April 21, 2023

We attach hundreds of emails to cards a day. Each email could have 20 small logos in the signature. Some email chains have multiple signatures. Some cards have over 300 facebook and twitter logos as attachments that have to be deleted one at a time. It clogs up the cards, makes finding important attachments more difficult, and wastes hours of time deleting unneeded attachments. We have tried telling all users to delete signatures before forwarding but this is also time consuming on lengthy emails, so most don't. 

2 answers

0 votes
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Tisha White👋

Christl from SendBoard here - makers of the Email for Trello Power-Up.

We actually do a lot of work around this. We try and figure out whether an image is something useful (like a screenshot) or not (like a Facebook icon that was included in someone's signature).

We understand how annoying it would be if it extracted and attached all images and polluted your card with signature and marketing images. Therefore we are always improving the detection algorithm of our Power-Up to only extract images that it believes would be useful to you. You can of course still decide how to manage inline image processing for inbound emails.

If email is a big part of your workflow in Trello, I'd suggest checking out Email for Trello Power-Up. You can add it to your board to give it a try with the free trial.

0 votes
Mutya A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2023

Hi Tisha,

We don't have a way to delete multiple attachments at once. One at a time is all we for now but I definitely agree that the ability to delete multiple attachments is super helpful. We currently have that on our feature requests and just I've added your feedback and use case.

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, we've also published a blog post with more detailed and visual information here: https://blog.trello.com/feature-requests-unite-support-and-product

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events