Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to see my to do list only? Not the cards I'm tagged on?

KhoaN June 14, 2020

Because we have so many cards and they're everywhere, each card has a to do list which I may or may not be a part of.

So to make it simple for me to complete tasks and make sure I'm doing it on time, I'd like a way to view my very own aggregate to do list with due dates. Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

@KhoaN do you mean you need to see checklist items you have been assigned, rather than cards? You can see them in the "Your items" section:

https://help.trello.com/article/942-how-to-use-advanced-checklists-to-set-due-dates-and-add-members-to-checklist-items#:~:text=To%20navigate%20to%20'Your%20Items,in%20order%20by%20due%20date.

KhoaN June 16, 2020

Such a critical feature, that's not free.. going to have to move away unfortunately. Thanks Lain!

Andrew Fanner January 13, 2022

So you can do this - go to trello.com and then select the "home" menu navigation. In the top centre of screen you will see in date order all of your checklist items.

What I've been trawling through to find is:
- can I filter an individual board to find this. I.e. I'm trying to focus on a particular project but I can only filter a board for cards, not checklists.  (I know I could add everyone with a checklist item to a card, but thats extra admin and I prefer to use member as the single owner for a card/story.)

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2020

Hi @KhoaN ,

Welcome to the community!

Filtering vs. Searching

This article is about the difference between filtering cards on a board and searching for cards.

Trello for Web gives you the ability to search for cards across all boards, and filter single boards to focus on specific labels, members assigned to cards, due dates and keywords.

If you’re using Trello via the iOS or Android apps, tapping the magnifying glass will filter whatever board page you’re on. To search for cards across all boards on Android, tap the magnifying glass while on the homepage. Currently, there is no way to search all boards at once when using Trello’s iOS app.

Which is right for me?

Filtering will show cards on their original boards and lists. Searching will bring up a new window with the results.

Both filtering and searching will let you find cards assigned to particular members, labels, or boards.

Only searching will search for terms across several boards, or card descriptions.

Both options have keyboard shortcuts. Press ‘f’ to filter a board, or ‘/’ to focus the search box. Press ‘q’ to filter for cards assigned to you, and ‘x’ to clear a filter.

Filtering works on boards you’re not a member of (Try it with the Trello Development Board!)

Searching has more options than filtering– using special operators, you can search for cards based on when they were created, archived cards, by checklist or comments, or on a particular list.

Filtering will filter card titles by multiple keywords– that is, if you filter for “May 2009 Financial Planning”, you’ll get cards that contain anyof the words “May”, “2009”, “Financial”, or “Planning”.

Searching is better when it comes to finding specific cards– it will only find cards with all of the keywords listed. The following image shows what happens if you enter “May 2009 Financial Planning” into filtering vs. search:

Both filtering and searching are great tools for managing Trello, so try them both out! With experience you’ll know which is the right tool for each situation.

Andrew Fanner January 13, 2022

Can I filter OR search a board for all checklist items for a user? I've tried and searched the web for clues, but no luck

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events