Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to "find and replace" part of a card name using the Automation or Butler in Trello?

Jason McGowan October 22, 2021

Is there a way for me to find a string inside of a card name, and replace it with a different value?

example:  

I have:  (8) Level 1 - Area 3-B - Plumbing - Coordination - [0]

I need: (8) Level 1 - Area 3B - Plumbing - Coordination - [0]

We are using PowerBI to organize and visualize our Trello data, and the naming is important for that purpose.  The "-" in the bold portion of the card name above creates a split in the data that I don't want, so I need to remove it.   Unfortunately, there are 100's of cards that have this wrong naming. 

Hoping that I can do this within Butler Automation.  I've figured out how to find this portion of data, but am having a hard time understanding how to rename just that portion with updated data.  

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2021

Maybe look into the Bulk Actions Power Up? 

Jason McGowan October 25, 2021

I love the bulk actions tool, and use it often.  The problem I have using that tool is that the text before what I need to change varies from card to card.  It could be (2) Level 2, etc... Bulk Actions will rename, but it works like this:

substitute first (?) characters with: 
...AND THEN:
substitute last (?) characters with:  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events