Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to pause SLA/ due date timers?

Daniel July 11, 2022

Hi,

I was thinking about using trello to track my operations units work. As many other service providers we have strictly set SLAs. However if we are for example waiting for the customer to specify some information or if some customer request is waiting for some actions on their side our time SLAs pause. I am going to provide you with an example of what I would need:

First of all I create a card which in this case represents some customer request. I will set a due date on the card based on the urgency of this request. Lets say that the due date is 3 days and 4 hours from the time I created the card. If after lets say 1 day after working on the card I realize that I need some additional information from the customer I will write him an email and wait for him to respond. During this time I need the due date pause/prolong for the time until the customer replies, thus I need a list in which for the time being there the due date on the card will be moved forward. after I take the card out of the list the due date will then proceed as usual.

Is this butlerable/manageble?

Thank you,

Daniel

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel July 11, 2022

Hi all,

thank you very much for such a swift response. I pretty much like the button idea and if that could be implemented (a card having a due date "pause" and "unpause" button) I think I would not even need to have it automated. Would that make it easier?

Once again thank you,

BR,

Daniel

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2022

@Daniel 

Look for power up that allows you to clock them. It will allow you to display the clocked time and you can use the to adjust the due date since you do not need it to be automated. Gaining access to power up data is not always possible to use it for automation. It will depend on the design.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2022

@Daniel welcome to the community! This definitely sounds butlerable.... but I'd have to think through it a bit more. Off the top of my head, I'm imagining a card button that creates a custom field with the timestamp of the "pause" date, but i don't know how to do the math between the difference of that timestamp vs the due date to see what time is remaining. if you could figure out that part, and say it's like "2" days remaining, then you could update another custom number field with that number, and then create another card button to "unpause" and set the due date to be x days (whatever the value of that custom field is). 

Maybe a combination of Amazing Fields and Butler? (Amazing Fields can do calculations based on fields, but it doesn't work with automation, so you'd have to mirror those fields to Butler fields... but i haven't played with this yet enough to know for sure how that would work and if it can read due dates.)

Also would need to confirm you can put a variable in the set due in _ days action action, but I think you can. 

cc @milynnus what do you think?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2022

@Brittany Joiner  @Daniel 

You can do {cardduedate + {{%Number}}d} but I have not figure out a way to get difference two two dates using Trello automation without using the http request to an endpoint.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events