Is there a way to parse a Trello card Title using Butler and put result in custom fields?

Fabio White September 1, 2022

I like to take a card's title and parse it and place the results into custom fields:

Card Title example:

M7UA345332::dc046f426b0d43e397128a8ea2b2d796::Your submitted PLM Ticket has been received - System Generated

Take the first value before :: and place into the field and then take the 2nd value ::<2ndvalue>:: and place into custom field.

Thus:

Value 1: M7UA345332

Value 2: dc046f426b0d43e397128a8ea2b2d796

Value 3: Your submitted PLM Ticket has been received - System Generated

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022
Fabio White September 6, 2022

Ok I must be dense as I don't understand the syntax.  How do I use a wildcard when trying to reference a variable?  ie the {cardname} is the name for the card how do I pattern match using that?  I tried different ways but I am obviously missing something

Rule:

when a card is added to list "HOLDING", set custom field "TicketID" to "{Cardname {*::}}"

Rule:  This just gives me the entire name of the card.

when a card is added to list "HOLDING", set custom field "TicketID" to "{Cardname}"

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

@Fabio White 

For

M7UA345332::dc046f426b0d43e397128a8ea2b2d796::Your submitted PLM Ticket has been received - System Generated

{*}::{*}::{*}

eg {wildcard2} will give you the dc…96 value. 

Like Lars Maehlmann likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events