Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to move random cards from one list to another list?

Sam Coleman April 30, 2020

I have created a Fitness Workout Builder Trello board  (love this by the way!) with lists of exercises by muscle group and other lists for days of the week to complete a specific workout. I am looking for a way to move random cards from the exercise lists to the days of the week lists. For example move 3 biceps exercises and 3 abs/core exercises to Monday which will be a workout for Monday. Is this automation possible?

Thanks for any help, I’m fairly new!

Sam

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

@Sam Coleman You can do this, but there's no filter option on the random selection so if you wanted to do this I'd recommend having one board for your templates with the muscle groups split up by lists, then every day at 5am copy 1 randomly selected exercise from each muscle group to today's list:

2020-05-01 at 1.52 pm.pngDoing this runs the risk of repeating exercises, so you might like to move, rather than copy, and then you could reset at the end of the week or something.

Sam Coleman May 1, 2020

Lain, thanks for your response. I think I know what you mean but I would be looking to move say 3 leg exercises from the leg exercise list and then 3 -4 abs/core exercises from the abs/core list to the same day (say for instance Monday) for a workout.  Does that make sense?

Sam

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

Hi @Sam Coleman 

What @Iain Dooley suggested was great, but if you want to add more than one, this is really easy:

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 09.51.35.pngSo you can add as many or as few as you like! You can also use exactly the same rule, and add more actions:

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 09.55.23.pngHopefully that does what you want it to do? Let @Iain Dooley and I know!

Esme :)

0 votes
Sam Coleman May 3, 2020

Thanks @Iain Dooley and @Esme Crutchley! I was able to create it and get it to function as I hoped. The only issue I have is I would like to to multiple board buttons through Butler, but I am only using the free version so am limited to just one button.  This was helpful though, thank you!

Sam

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2020

Hi @Sam Coleman 

Unfortunately, the free version is limited to a single board button.

Trello Gold isn't too expensive, but if you recommend others to try Trello (and they do) you can earn a month of Trello Gold per person who signs up. You can have more Butler rules and quotas with Gold that you can with Free.

You only have 50 command runs per month on the free version, so if you click this every day, you will run through your commands quite quickly. 

For more information on the Butler differences between the account types, you can check out this help page.

Hope that's helpful

Esme :)

Like Sam Coleman likes this
Sam Coleman May 3, 2020

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events