Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to merge the information on two cards to one single card.

Tim McAdams September 14, 2017

Can I take the information on one card and add it to another card? Several times my teams will create another card for an event when what should have happened is they should have added to a card that was already on the board. 

Instead of having to rewrite all information and comments to the new card, is there a way to merge the two cards??

4 answers

4 votes
nbaldwin January 18, 2021

Doesn't look like any progress toward merging cards since 2017 initial question?  PLEASE!!!  It's a pain!

Zechariah Borden March 31, 2021

Agreed. In the process of scaling my business, I integrated Calendly so new events are automatically turned into Trello cards. These are always for current clients but it creates a new card for each Calendly event. Simply merging these into the original client's card would be helpful but it seems that such a simple thing is not any sort of priority after four years of waiting.

"Let chaos rule." -Trello

Like # people like this
4 votes
whydoineedausernameffs July 26, 2020

Merge cards please

4 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Hi Tim,

Right now, there isn't a way to merge two cards. Instead, we'd suggest adding a link for the secondary card onto the original, and then archive the secondary card. That way, you can access that information quickly without having an extra card visible on the board.

M Chahal October 9, 2017

Hi Caity

I cant work out how to link them. I did see something via a link but it didn't really help.

Can you (or anyone) help?

thanks

Michael Brown May 27, 2018

You open the card and then at the bottom of the right hand column is a link called 'Share and more...'. Click on that and then there is a link to the card, which will be in this format: https://trello.com/c/ABCDEFGH.

I hope that helps.

Like Deleted user likes this
George Gubarev February 27, 2019

I wonder if anything has charged since this post? I would really benefit from being able to drag duplicates into one another, keeping the time line intact

Like # people like this
Hugh Roberts March 26, 2020

Agreed. Merging would be much better.

Like # people like this
Isaac Steiner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2024

Can't we do both?! Drag a card onto another and it will insert a link to that card and archive it?

Currently there are a lot of extra steps required.

@Caity 

Like M Chahal likes this
2 votes
Chris Houser April 8, 2021

We really do need this feature. I just started using trello for my company and this has been the biggest headache. Already searching for alternatives.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events