Is there a way to make the preview image of a link display in the card?

Julie May 16, 2018

It's to time consuming to capture an image to attach.

1 answer

1 vote
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2018

If you use Chrome, try this extension. It allows you to quickly create a new card from whatever tab you're using on your browser and there is also the option to attach the current page grabbing an image (if possible) to add as a card cover.

unnamed.jpg

I use it for YouTube videos all the time and it works incredibly well! It grabs the thumbnail of the videos.

trello.PNG

Wim Lasoen September 8, 2019

It does not work anymore. Questions stay unanswered.

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

@Wim Lasoen  This is weird because I used it exactly 5 minutes ago. I just checked and it perfectly works for me.

Wim Lasoen September 9, 2019

Not for me it doesn't ... Not on MacOs, not on iOS iPad, not on iPhone, and nobody @t Trello seems to bother to address my problem, whichever path I walk to cry for help

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2019

@Wim Lasoen I'm afraid you've written in the wrong thread because I mentioned a Chrome extension, which means it requires you to use Google Chrome as a browser. Mac/iOS/iPad/iPhone aren't relevant for the Chrome extension.

I would recommend you to directly contact Trello's customer service here: https://trello.com/contact

Oh and I was not talking about the Chrome extension. One or two weeks ago it was no problem for me to drag and drop any webpage or youtube video into Trello and I had an automatic description and a thumbnail

Like Irith Williams likes this

Missed your last reply obviously

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2019

@Wim Lasoen I see. Then, I'd recommend you to create a new thread with the question. You can easily click the button in the top bar.

2019-09-09 12_22_38-Is there a way to make the preview image of a link....png

And if you don't find an answer, directly contact the customer service using the link I shared before.

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events